Our client is a highly regarded UK Commercial Bank and due to continue growth they are looking to recruit an experienced Compliance specialist to support their Asset & Commercial Finance business.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance Advice, this role will be the Compliance Function’s primary interface with the Bank’s Business Finance Division, in delivering effective oversight and advice, regarding compliance with policies, procedures, systems controls and governance of the Bank.
In your business facing role, you will oversee the successful implementation and execution of the appropriate elements of the Annual Compliance Plan and provide technical advice to colleagues across the Bank’s Business Finance Division.
- Provide the Chief Compliance Officer and Head of Compliance Advice with regular updates on compliance matters relating to the Business Finance Division, including emerging issues/incidents, progress in addressing findings from first/second/third line monitoring reviews.
- Attend Business Finance governance meetings
- Ensure maintenance and awareness of regulatory developments, particularly in the consumer credit market, through regular liaison with the Bank’s Regulatory Change Team.
- Provide and oversee the provision of advice to the Business Finance Division including the development and launch of new products, new business models and new functional processes.
- Attend, as necessary, risk management governance meetings, to share regulatory risks identified and work with the Business Finance Division to enhance controls as appropriate.
- Contribute to the implementation of the business-facing aspects of the Annual Compliance Plan.
- Broad and deep knowledge of financial regulation - gained working in either a regulated bank or SME finance provider.
- Track record in building strong and constructive relationships with senior management.
- Commercial awareness and focus on application of regulation within the SME finance and consumer credit market.
- In depth knowledge of Conduct Risk and how to deliver fair customer outcomes
- Strong understanding of risk appetite and risk management frameworks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Strong academic background (preferred but not essential)
- Financial Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job