Compliance & Audit Team Leader - Assurance Team
Salary: £32,000 - £37,000 Plus Excellent Bonus & Benefits Package
My client is a leading UK financial services provider, with a large UK customer base, they operate within an FCA regulated market. The Operational Assurance function takes a systematic approach to reviewing key processes, testing key business controls, and providing independent and professional opinions on their effectiveness with the aim of identifying any systemic potential customer detriment, and reducing the risks to the organisation achieving its objectives.
This role encompasses line management and the professional development of a team of Assurance Officers within New Business, Sales and Customer Service functions.
- Review outputs from assurance reviews from a quality perspective.
- Undertakes root cause analysis, making recommendations to address any areas where remedial action is required and ensure any resulting actions are implemented speedily.
- Share key outputs across Operations teams for both risk management and best practice.
- Ensure any remedial action required is completed in a timely manner.
- Provide accurate Assurance MI to the Senior Management Team.
- Horizon scanning of the regulatory environment and communication to the Head of Assurance, regarding any upcoming changes that may impact Operations.
- Input to design and delivery of the departmental assurance plans for New Business, Sales and Customer Service functions, with support from the Senior Assurance Manager.
- Line management responsibility for New Business Assurance, Sales Assurance and Customer Service Assurance officers.
- Delivery and completion of the departmental assurance plans, and where changes are required/adhoc reviews are required, agreed scope reprioritise reviews in agreement with Manager and relevant Department Heads
- Raise any control weaknesses/best practice with interdepartmental impact to the Senior Manager for consideration.
- Undertakes root cause analysis, making recommendations to address any areas where remedial action is required and ensure any resulting actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Ensure actions raised are reported through accurate Assurance MI packs & reports
Significant experience in a large organisation in the following areas:-
- Financial Services sector - banking or financial services;
- Customer Service & Sales or similar;
- Assurance Experience (Audit, Risk or Compliance) - within a regulated organisation;
- Regulatory knowledge
- People management or supervision
- Financial Services
- Internal Audit
- Compliance Procedures
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job