We have an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Assurance Officer to join our growing team, here at OneSavings Bank.
The key purpose of the role is to assist the Deputy Head of Compliance and Compliance Assurance Manager in developing and delivering risk based assurance activity across the group’s key regulatory risk areas, and to complete due diligence reviews as necessary.
The role is based in Chatham or Bushey with occasional travel.
As Compliance Assurance Officer, your duties will include
- Support the Deputy Head of Compliance in undertaking robust compliance risk assessments and developing a risk based and proportionate annual Compliance Assurance Plan.
- Supporting the maintenance of the Legal and Regulatory Universe, and communication of changes to the key stakeholders within the team and the wider business.
- Planning, execution and reporting against the Bank’s Compliance Assurance Plan, retaining appropriate records and providing concise written and verbal reports highlighting key issues and recommendations for improvement action.
- Agreeing and recording operational management responses to recommendations, tracking progress and conducting proportionate follow up validation monitoring.
- Assisting in the preparation of Compliance Reports to (but not limited to) the Board, Audit Committee, Risk Management Committee and Operational Committees of the bank and other stakeholders.
- Assisting in relation to its support of investigations into Compliance related incidents/breaches and the provision of compliance advice on identifying appropriate remedial actions.
- To support the HR function in the identification of compliance related training needs, during the course of monitoring activities.
- To contribute towards the development of team related policies, procedures and standards.
- To assist in the day to day administrative activities of the department.
- Establish strong mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders across the business, including support for the Champions in the business.
- Contribute to the development of MI and intelligence to support the effective oversight of the business.
- To act as an ambassador for the bank’s compliance culture and standards, demonstrating the highest standards of compliance behaviours and integrity at all times.
- Maintain the company’s compliance standards and own compliance training.
The added extras
- The salary associated with the role is competitive and would be based on your relevant experience
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays (can purchase an additional 5 days holiday)
- An annual 10% discretionary bonus opportunity
- And many more: Contributory pension; Private medical insurance; Permanent health insurance; Save as you Earn, etc.
Am I suitable for this role?
- Previous experience working in a compliance assurance role within a regulated lending or banking environment is essential
- Demonstrable experience of critically analysing information and bringing out clear implications is essential
- Experience of the development of management information for multiple audiences is desirable
- Previous exposure to and understanding of commercial functions and projects such product development, operational processes and other tactical business changes is desirable
- Project management experience including the ability to develop and challenge project plans is desirable
At OneSavings Bank, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic.
All applicants must have rights to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you’re interested in the opportunity to join OSB, please click the 'Apply’ button and send us your CV.
- Compliance Monitoring
- Risk Management