We have an exciting opportunity for Compliance Assurance Manager to join our growing team, here at OneSavings Bank.
OSB are a challenger bank who specialise in specialist lending and retail savings. We’ve experienced significant growth over the last few years, with our UK employee base more than trebling to what is now approaching 600 staff.
As the Compliance Assurance Manager, key tasks with this role include.
- Support the Deputy Head of Compliance in undertaking robust compliance risk assessments and developing a risk based and proportionate annual Compliance Assurance Plan.
- Planning, execution and reporting against the Bank’s Compliance Assurance Plan, retaining appropriate records and providing concise, and timely, written and verbal reports highlighting key issues and recommendations for improvement action.
- Agreeing and recording operational management responses to recommendations, tracking progress and conducting proportionate follow up validation monitoring.
- Assisting in the preparation of Compliance Reports to (but not limited to) the Board, Audit Committee and Operational Committees of the bank and other stakeholders.
- Assisting in relation to its support of investigations into Compliance related incidents/breaches and the provision of compliance advice on identifying appropriate remedial actions.
- Undertake regular desk based monitoring of management information to ascertain emerging compliance related risks and providing feedback and advice to the business on areas identified as requiring improvement.
- To support the HR function in the identification of compliance related training needs during the course of monitoring activities.
- To contribute towards the development of team related policies, procedures and standards.
- To assist in the day to day administrative activities of the department.
- Coach and proactively support members of the Compliance Assurance team.
- Establish strong mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders across the business, including support for the Champions in the business.
- To act as an ambassador for the bank’s compliance culture and standards, demonstrating the highest standards of compliance behaviours and integrity at all times.
- Maintain the company’s compliance standards and own compliance training.
The purpose of the role is to lead and deliver robust risk based compliance monitoring activity across the bank and its group entities, in accordance with the bank’s annual compliance monitoring plan.
The Compliance Assurance Manager will support the Deputy Head of Compliance in helping to develop, deliver and manage a professional and effective compliance assurance function, including coaching, line managing and supporting members of the team.
The role is based in Chatham, with occasional travel.
- Significant experience working in a Risk function within the financial services industry is essential.
- Previous experience working in a compliance and/or financial Crime monitoring manager role within a mortgage or secured lending environment is essential
- Significant demonstrable experience of critically analysing information and providing succinct written and verbal reports of the outcomes is essential.
- Experience of the development of management information for multiple audiences is desirable.
- Previous exposure to and understanding of commercial functions and projects such as product development, operational processes and other tactical business changes is desirable.
- Project management experience including the ability to develop and challenge project plans is desirable.
Please note you must have the Right to Work in the UK. If you feel you have the required skill set please apply.
At OneSavings Bank, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic.
All applicants must have rights to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Compliance Monitoring
- Financial Crime
- Financial Services