We now have a great opportunity here at Endsleigh for a Compliance Assurance & Technical Consultant during this busy time of growth and transformation. Reporting directly to the Head of Compliance & Risk, you will be working in a Compliance team of 3 and a wider governance team of 15, with a lot of variety in the role.Role
The Compliance Assurance & Technical Consultant will provide assurance in relation to compliance with FCA rules and principles in the Endsleigh group, to ensure key Compliance risks are accurately assessed and reported upon. You will also be the technical compliance expert in the team. Some of the key accountability will include:
- Develop a risk based annual Compliance Assurance plan
- Complete regular horizon scanning of all relevant legal and regulatory changes that may impact Endsleigh, understanding and interpreting them for the compliance team.
- Provide technical compliance advice to the compliance team and the business.
- Build and develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders & drive the compliance and conduct agenda.
- Produce structured, accurate and timely assurance summaries and reporting to feed into Board and EARCC reports required of the Head of Compliance
- Produce structured, accurate, timely and succinct mandatory/ ad-hoc reports for regulators required of the Head of Compliance.
The successful person will be or have:
- Significant technical FCA compliance experience gained working in a Compliance team
- Experience in the Financial Services Industry (Insurance industry ideal)
- ACII or relevant Compliance qualification
- Working knowledge of the FCA Handbooks particularly SUP, SYSC, PERG, ICOBS and FC, gained from working in regulated business
- Basic knowledge of insurance products
- Strong understanding of conduct risk and good customer outcomes
- Good technical knowledge, interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Analytical mind with strong written communication
- Effective problem solving skills and the ability to make well-informed decisions
- Ability to work independently with Commercial Awareness
- Ability to understand and interpret legal documents
This is a great opportunity to be part of a transforming business and you will be rewarded by a highly social team culture and competitive salary. We will offer you a fantastic benefits package which includes a defined contribution pension scheme where Endsleigh will contribute 4% of your pensionable salary increasing to 8% at 5 years’ service, and rising again to 12% in year 10. In addition we have a Life Assurance scheme and a number of additional benefits through our Flexible Benefits Scheme.
You will start with 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and receive private healthcare for yourself (you can add your family on through flexible benefits if you wish).
Our Head Office site also has excellent facilities including various lunch and cafe options, a gym and other sporting facilities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job