Due to expansion, we are looking for a talented Compliance Assistant for our client who is a regional private practice law firm based in Hampshire.
The jobholder will ideally have worked in a law firm or at least within professional services such as Accountancy or regulated industries and have dealt with Partnerships. Working within a small team, the role reports into a Compliance Manager and is a great opportunity for someone looking to specialise in this area.
You will be responsible for assisting with compliance matters relating to professional standards (such as voluntary best practice) and internal standards as well as polices and industry regulations. The role will involve:
- attending meetings with team and Partners
- keeping up to date with and monitor, relevant laws and regulations as well as internal policies
- ensuring that your findings are recorded and followed up with management so that issues can be rectified
- educating employees at inductions and presentations on not only the regulations but also the impact to the organisation if these are not complied with
- investigating irregularities and non-compliance issues
- reporting back to business functions on current risk and compliance performance
- contributing to robust and effective compliance controls within the organisation
- reviewing marketing materials, presentations, intranet and websites to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- assisting in the gathering of internal information in response to regulatory requests
- performing various general administrative duties (such as file creation and maintenance of ongoing administrative projects) using Excel.
- collaborating with other departments to create a culture of compliance.
Skills and experience required:
- Prior experience within Compliance, GDPR or exposure to compliance matters within a legal, HR or practice management role
- A good understanding of how a law firm works
- Good administration skills and IT skills including Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Organised and accurate
- Ideally educated to graduate level or the equivalent
- Confident with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to take on project work and make presentations to staff
This is a superb opportunity to join a highly successful and well regarded law firm and assist in the development of this key business area, the role will offer a competitive market rate salary and excellent benefits.
All applications will be reviewed in 2 working days and short-listed candidates contacted within that timeframe.
- General Administration
- Microsoft Excel
- Practice Management
- Regulatory Standards
- Legal Compliance