An exciting new role at a rapidly growing Cornish Financial Services institution. We are looking for someone with the skills and abilities to handle Compliance and AML monitoring duties across the company.
To support the Head of Compliance in providing an effective compliance function within the business
Head of Compliance
- Support the Head of Compliance in providing an effective independent Compliance Function and developing a strong compliance culture within the business.
- Assist in the delivery of the compliance plan and compliance monitoring programme.
- Monitoring - undertake compliance monitoring to assess compliance with and adequacy of the policies, procedures and processes in place within the business. Analyse and compile findings into monitoring reports to discuss with the Head of Compliance for further action as necessary.
- Regulatory Risk - assist with the identification, monitoring and mitigation of regulatory risk.
- Support to Business - assist the Head of Compliance in supporting the business on all regulatory and compliance matters including working with operational areas to develop and maintain policies and procedures designed to minimise the risk of legal and regulatory breaches.
- Regulatory Reporting - assist with the submission of all required FCA regulatory returns within the specified timelines.
- Reporting - assist in preparing appropriate reports for the Board in relation to regulatory developments, serious or persistent compliance problems, compliance monitoring and the strength of the firm’s compliance arrangements.
- Record-keeping - Ensure that all records under the responsibility of the Compliance Function are kept and maintained in accordance with regulatory, legal and business requirements.
- Support the Head of Compliance and Money Laundering Reporting Officer in actively managing the process for the identification, assessment, monitoring and management of the risks in relation to financial crime and investigating all suspicious activity.
- Review and approval of new and existing client accounts for AML etc.
- Help ensure the firm’s AML controls meet or exceed regulatory standards.
Knowledge and skills:
- Microsoft office: Word, Excel Experience in a financial services role e.g. bank, mortgages, broker
- Experience in a compliance / AML role desirable
- Some knowledge of FCA regulations e.g. Anti-Money Laundering, Treating Customers Fairly, COBS, Financial Promotions
- Attention to detail, Self-starter, able to manage own time
- Ability to apply judgement
- Willingness to learn and consolidate knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Take responsibility to see things through
- Confidence in interacting with other departments
- Keenness to "do the right thing" and ensure customer protection
- Compliance Monitoring
- Anti Money Laundering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job