The Compliance function is an assurance function responsible for supporting management in promoting an ethics-based culture advancing compliance and, as part of the second line of defence providing assurance to management that compliance risks within the function’s scope are appropriately identified and managed across the retail and corporate business lines.
The role holder will assist and support the implementation of the compliance programs focusing on the area of Monitoring and Oversight. You will be responsible for supporting and developing all aspects of regulatory change, associated analysis and implementation. Additionally you will provide an accurate assurance in relation to regulatory compliance through regular monitoring, oversight and reporting.
- Support the implementation and delivery of the compliance plans
- Keep track of industry regulatory developments and assist in the analysis of laws and trends impacting the Compliance Risk Universe and assess impact on organisational operations
- Advise and support first line of defence with the adoption or as appropriate, development, implementation and maintenance of compliance policies
- Regulatory review of literature
- Proactively working to support business initiatives and projects
- Provide support to draft reports to executive management
- Provide support to establish, enhance and implement relevant compliance policies and procedures
- Fully supportive of a 'service excellence' culture.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Have excellent working knowledge of IOM regulations (FCA) including experience of Conduct of Business and Anti Money Laundering regulations
- A strong level of financial services experience with compliance / legal / regulatory elements FCA
- Have excellent verbal and written communications skills and an ability to communicate effectively and assertively with internal and external contacts at all levels
- Be ambitious and preferably have, or be working towards, a professional recognised qualification, although not essential for the right candidate
- Experience in undertaking gap analysis for regulatory change
- Have a good understanding of offshore financial services products
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Highly organised and motivated and be above to work in a collaborative environment
- Self-motivated, innovative, enthusiastic and forward thinking
- Demonstrate agility to adapt to change and see it as a positive challenge
- Customer focused and act with a high level of integrity
- Excellent attention to detail with an emphasis on quality
- Take action to manage own personal development
In return our client is offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. They are committed to continuous improvement and offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. As well as this they have moved into a brand new bespoke, state- of - the - art headquarters where they have free on-site car parking.