The Financial Reporting Team is a redefined function in the Next Chapter for Ogilvy UK. The Financial Reporting Team will have overall responsibility for reporting to WPP. The Financial Reporting Team will manage the overall P&L for the newly centralised agency. The newly formed Commercial Finance Team will focus on revenues whilst the Financial Reporting Team will report revenues and manage all agency costs including staff costs. The Financial Reporting team will work with the Commercial Finance team to deliver a commercially focused collaborative agency for the Next Chapter for Ogilvy UK.
This role reports into the Financial Controller. You will assist the Financial Controller in ensuring the newly combined agency has a robust and efficient approach to compliance.
This will involve management and review of financial systems. Assisting with all audits, Sox, Internal, Statutory.
Helping to prepare statutory reporting; relevant information for financial statements, VAT returns, corporation tax, PSA returns, ONS information. CSR reporting and any other statutory information for the newly combined agency.
You will one of four direct reports for the Financial Controller.
Assisting the Financial Controller to ensure all external reporting deadlines are met with accurate submissions for the newly combined agency
- Statutory Accounts
- Corporation Tax
- Any other financial submissions legally required under UK Law
- Company Secretarial duties where relevant
Compliance & Policies
Assisting the Financial Controller in the following areas:
- Ensuring best practice guidelines are in place for compliance in respect of Sox, statutory audit recommendations and other areas of compliance
- Devising new policies where necessary which are in line with compliance guidelines and also aligned to the agency focus of greater commercial awareness and simplicity
- Setting our procedures and policies that are clear and communicated effectively in relation to compliance
- Ensuring the distribution of such guidelines to the relevant parties
- Working with the agency management to ensure policies and processes are in line with the agency objectives
- Setting out a work plan for any changes to systems or procedures as set out by Ogilvy Group, WPP or statutory legislation
Assisting as directed with all audits which take place for the newly combined agency
This will include:
- Investigations by HMRC and others
- Working with the Financial Reporting and Commercial Finance Teams to ensure they are aware of their responsibilities in respect of any audits that may take place
- Assisting the Financial Controller with mini internal reviews of the financial systems in place in the Financial Reporting and Commercial Finance teams
Understanding the agency systems and suggesting improvements which will help develop the reporting and efficiency of the Financial Reporting and Commercial Finance teams. Those systems will include:
- Talent Tree and ICIMS
Being involved in the training of finance and non-finance staff in the use of those systems
- Ad-Hoc projects as directed by the Financial Controller
- Close collaboration with the rest of the Financial Reporting and Commercial Finance teams and covering for absence where directed
An individual with a through and detailed approach. A qualified or part qualified accountant who has a desire to develop their knowledge understanding the processes of the agency and how to make the new agency efficient but also compliant. An individual who is interested in financial systems and how they currently work and who has the desire to challenge current procedure and make suggestions for improvements.
- Financial Reporting
- SOX Compliancy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"