Newcross has several vacancies for professional and dedicated Complex Home Care Assistants to join our friendly Complex Care team based in Chichester.
We are working with clients in Portsmouth, Fareham, Gosport, Waterlooville, Hayling Island, Havant and the surrounding areas., so we're looking for experienced team members who can work in those locations.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.The Caring Role
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Care Assistant, with the drive to expand their knowledge base to deliver first class complex care to clients. Ideally, you will have experience in any of the following areas: learning disabilities, autism, tracheostomies, suctioning, stomas, ventilators and/or challenging behaviours, however any previous experience in a complex care role could be accepted.
We are especially interested to hear from female carers who are able to cover night shifts, with access to their own vehicle.Newcross Perks
- Up to £15.04/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with guaranteed, flexible hours that suit you
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront
- Free uniform upon joining
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Free ongoing training and development with experienced nurses through our work credits scheme
You will have access to comprehensive training and 24 hour support and in order to ensure that you always have enough work, you will be employed on a permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours.
Upon joining, you'll receive a full in-house induction as well as an introduction to the client you will be supporting their needs and care plan. You'll receive any training necessary to top up your skills, including a shadow shift if required.
Newcross Healthcare provides high quality, complex care in the home, to clients with a range of complex healthcare needs. From spinal injury, to brain injury; degenerative conditions, to congenital disease, through its nurse-led, tailored approach it provides the support clients need to manage their condition and maintain the lifestyle they choose.
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.Requirements For This Role
- The ability to prove your right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a complex care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
- Medication administration certificate highly desirable
- Own transport preferred (but willing to travel by public transport essential)
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- Complex care
- Home care
- care at home
- care agency
- complex care assistant
- portsmouth care
- complex care portsmouth