Newcross Healthcare Solutions is an independent, family-run organisation dedicated to providing quality temporary staffing to hospitals, care homes and nursing homes in the UK.
Our Yeovil Home Care Team is seeking professional and experienced Home Care Assistants to work in the local Yeovil area in order to provide the highest quality of clients with complex and additional needs.
We are seeking only the most empathetic and genuinely caring individuals to fill several vacancies, and if you think you can bring these qualities to the team, we'd love to hear from you.
Work available today - We are especially interested to hear from carers able to cover afternoon and flexible weekend shifts, but with various full or part time shifts also available.
Take advantage of a free DBS check and free uniform for a limited time!The Caring Role
Day to day responsibilities will include medication administration, food preparation and some domestic duties. Full training and support will be offered by us.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced carer, with the drive to expand their knowledge base to deliver first class complex care to clients. You will have experience in one of the following areas: learning disabilities, tracheostomies, suctioning, stomas, ventilators and/or challenging behaviours, however any previous experience in a complex care role could be accepted.
Flexible shift work allows you the opportunity to manage your own hours, tailored to fit around family and other commitments. We currently have both Day and Night shift work available for the right person to start as soon as possible!
Due to the locations of some clients, access to your own vehicle is essential.Benefits:
- Up to £11.77/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with guaranteed, flexible hours that suit you
- Weekly pay - delivered accurately and on time
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront
- Free uniform upon joining
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Free ongoing training and development with experienced nurses through our work credits scheme
All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income. We hire permanent staff, and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. We offer 20 hour a week contracts for the right applicant!
To ensure that you are able to meet your guaranteed hours, you must be willing to travel to a variety of clients around the local area.The Local Branch
Your local branch is based in Houndstone Business Park, Yeovil. We provide first class healthcare professionals to a variety of South Somerset and Dorset locations, from Weymouth and Dorchester, up to Glastonbury and Street, and everywhere in-between.To apply for this position you will need to have:
- The ability to prove your right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a complex care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Medication administration certificate highly desirable
- Drivers preferred
A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job