Complaints Officer NHS Immediate Start
NHS Complaints Case Handler
- Are you an experienced Complaints Handler with experience working within the NHS?
- Do you have experience writing complex letters which have contained Medical Terminology?
- Do you have an excellent working knowledge/understanding of PALS?
- Have you previously provided support or training for staff surrounding complaints procedures?
- Are you able to work within Stevenage, Hertfordshire for 3 months (potentially longer)?
- Are you available immediately or within 1 week?
If so, I would love the opportunity to speak with you!
Duration: TEMPORARY - Expected to last up to three months and likely to be longer
Band: 5 or 6 depending on skill and experience
Band 5: £11.35 to £14.00 per hour paye plus holiday or £13.22 to £16.10 per hour umbrella depending on skill and experience
Band 6: £13.00 to £17.00 per hour paye plus holiday or £14.95 to £19.55 per hour umbrella depending on skill and experience
Working days and hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
You will be responsible for managing a caseload of complaints in accordance with local and national policy and within the principles of effective complaints handling, as outlined by the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO).
- Respond to verbal complaints in both person and on the telephone. Reassuring the complainant and taking appropriate action to resolve the complaint.
- Ability to write detailed, complex letters with medical terminology, work to deadlines. The responses are retrieved and approved by the chief executive.
- Handling distressed individuals in a polite and effective manner.
- Manage a caseload of formal and informal complaints including ensuring the complaints are logged onto the Datix database; receive acknowledgements and responses in line with the Department of Health guidance. The Complaints Officer will be expected to instigate the investigation of the complaint and compile a response for the Chief Executive to sign, ensuring the Datix database is continually updated.
- To act as the point of contact for complainants who remain dissatisfied following the final response from the Chief Executive.
- Ensure the Trust works to the guidance of the NHS Complaints Procedure.
- Liaise with the PALS staff to ensure that issues which may develop into complaints are managed appropriately by the Trust.
- To provide assistance to the Senior Complaints Officer and other members of the complaints team with the processing of letters, reports, minutes and other documents relating to the work of the Complaints Department.
- The post holder will work closely with the Divisions and it will be necessary to develop and maintain effective communication skills in dealing with Trust staff at all times.
- Ensuring an efficient administration and record keeping system for complaints and enquiries, ensuring that all relevant documentation is collated for investigation and responses.
- To attend Divisional Governance meetings to ensure these meetings are appropriately informed about complaints being discussed.
- To ensure that prompt and appropriate communication is made with complainants if a delay is likely to occur in their receiving a formal response
- To work with minimal supervision, prioritising own workload, including recommending, suggesting and implementing changes to the process as appropriate to ensure continuing efficient service development
- To speak to complainants, up-dating them with regard to their complaint and informing them of their rights to local resolution and/or independent review
- To arrange and participate in local resolution meetings, ensuring that relevant clinical and non-clinical staff are invited to attend or provide information for the purpose of the meeting
- To assist in providing mandatory training to new and existing members of staff regarding the complaints procedures when required
- To provide support and cover for other areas of the service, which may include covering the PALS Office in the event of staff absence.
If you are interested in this role - please apply now!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'