We are Unum (pronounced you-num) and we’re one of the UK’s leading employee benefits companies. That means we sell Income Protection, Critical Illness cover, Life insurance and Dental insurance through the workplace. You may not have heard of us before, so you probably don’t know that we’ve been around for over 40 years and protect over 1.6 million people in the UK.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Customer Care team for a Complaints Handler responsible for the management and resolution of complaints from across the business with a strong focus on Claims. The successful candidate will be fully trained in Unums products and will need strong communication skills and negotiation skills.
- Be fully conversant with the FCA Disp rules on complaint handling and be a SME for the business.
- Deliver superior levels of customer service and experience.
- Develop a wide network of contacts across the business in order to effectively handle complaints relating to those areas.
- Manage a caseload of complaints to resolution ensuring that all regulatory requirements are met.
- Focus on continuous improvement in complaints handling at Unum holding regular meetings with key stakeholders within the business.
- Provide ongoing training to the business on complaints handling.
- Carry out regular analysis of your own complaint outcomes and share improvement recommendations with the team and be prepared to discuss with the wider business.
- Support the Unum FOS strategy by identifying opportunities to offer and negotiate alternative resolution to claims complaints.
- Assist with training initiatives as needed, mentor claims personnel. (e.g., serve as a Subject Matter Expert and/or mentor to new hires during formal training program)
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong level of claims experience required across all products and demonstrated success in managing highly complex claims or strong level of experience in a customer facing role complaints role
- Proven ability to influence others.
- Proven ability to negotiate successful alternative outcomes
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities successfully.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Strong demonstration of partnership skills with internal and external representatives and resources.
- Exceptional written and oral communications.
This is a great opportunity to work for a UK subsidiary of a global organisation. We look after our employees, offer a great work-life balance, generous benefits, a professional challenge and fantastic career opportunities.
- Customer Complaints
- Customer Service
- Complaint Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'