Complaints Handler - Senior Escalations
Hours: 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience
Location: Peters field
Duration: This is a temporary contract for a duration of 2- 3 months initially, this may continue although cannot be guaranteed at this stage
Dynamite recruitment is working in partnership with a well-established specialized business who are based in Hampshire
Due to their continued success our client is looking to recruit a complaints handler on a temporary ongoing basis and assist with a backlog of ongoing complaints
As a Senior Complaints handler, you will be responsible for the following:
- Respond and resolve customer complaints that are escalated from other parts of the business, in line with the company's complaints procedures and taking into account relevant regulation and legislation within strict deadlines
- Use of various mediums to investigate and gather information in relation to the specific complaints
- Develop reporting procedures and provide root cause analysis information
- Provide information to Team Leaders and Complaints Manager to create and maintain management reports to the Executive Management team and provide feedback on existing and emerging trends
- Liaise with internal departments, third parties and suppliers to obtain information to investigate a complaint thoroughly.
- Negotiation with third parties in relations to costs, repairs, and contractual obligations
- Responsible for maintaining good relationships with suppliers and brokers and the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) and encouraging positive outcomes for all parties involved in the complaints process.
- Calculating appropriate reduced return of advance (ROA) payments and negotiating with suppliers to reach an agreed value
- Ensure that feedback is provided to the appropriate Line Manager regarding the outcome of a complaint
- Ensure that once a complaint is closed, the account is handed back to the relevant department with full details of the resolution offered ensuring that and remedial and corrective arrangements are completed
- Accountable for own complaints from inception to final response and using own judgments to make decisions in relation to compensation for loss of use, redress and gestures of goodwill (GOGW) within company policies
- Arrange for, and follow up on, any compensation or other action offered to a customer including the provision of hire vehicles and alternative transports cost for the customer.
- Decide where customer credit files require amendments and corrections and arrange for these to be processed as part of the complaint resolution
- Compose final response letters to Complainants, outlining the details of the investigation and providing a clear and concise conclusion to include any offers made to address redress, compensation and GOGW
- Provide detailed and comprehensive case files to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) as required in respect of investigations when complaints have been escalated to them
- Responsible for referring FOS decisions to an Ombudsman in cases where we feel that the FOS Investigator decisions have not taken all details into account and in doing so taking into consideration the risk of reputational damage
- Liaising with the Legal Department to provide detailed accounts of the complaints and assisting them with relevant information for letters before action (LBA's)
- Responsible for concluding that agreements should be unwound and providing the Team Leaders with detailed evidence and information to support the Unwind decision
- Responsible for confirming when HPI markers (if appropriate) can be removed when a complaint has been concluded
- Required to keep abreast of changes in Legislation, industry changes, Manufacturer's recalls, changes in MOT regulations and any other policies that effect the complaints procedures.
The ideal person will be/ have:
- Senior Complaint resolution experience
- Ability to priorities workload dependent on legislative or regulatory deadlines
- Ability to present cases to the Management and Executive team
- Ability to handle complex cases, where multiple parties are involved
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong customer service and telephone skills, ability to handle difficult conversations
- Negotiation skills and stakeholder management
- Active and enquiring mind
- Must demonstrate high levels of customer empathy and practical problem solving
- An understanding of the legislation that governs the business and being able to see how that impacts on the business
- Demonstrable experience of Complaints RCA & Resolution
- Excellent English skills with strong letter writing skills
- Confident, and if necessary, authoritative on the phone
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to liaise at all levels with other departments and outside agencies
- Ability to take responsibility for the "tidy up" procedures on complaint closure
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
To be considered for the position please submit your CV Immediately
- complaint handling
- senior complaints Financial Ombudsman
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'