The Commercial Division of SF Group are looking to recruit a Claims Handler within financial services to work closely with the operational functions as a member of the Service Recovery Team to ensure the company complies with the FCA complaints handling rules and the legal requirements governing the provision of pension scheme administration services whilst meeting its obligations as a pension scheme trustee and administrator. This role is responsible for ensuring the company operates exceptional process and controls and manages strong counterparty relationships (internal and external).
- Ownership of service recovery case management through skills and activities such as scheme deconstruction, file reconstruction, data mining and investigation, forensic assessment, document analysis in order to prepare overviews, reports and recommendations. Personal ownership, control and management of situations, cases and thematic matters
- Provide written responses that are clear, articulate and straight-forward; with accurate overviews of the complaint(s) and reasoning behind the response
- Ensure all processes are followed, using standard frameworks and templates, subject to risk and compliance oversight
- Calculation/evaluation of loss: decide and apply correct interest calculation, assess maximum potential commercial liability for the firm
- Measure and refine redress process and calculations. Research and benchmark against ongoing POS / FOS decisions to ensure firm policy and approach aligned with the regulators
- Recognition of any litigation issues, case analytics, research, document preparation, PI preparation, witness statement preparation, internal reports, relationship and contract management, internal cohesion and team working with other departments specifically with Risk and Compliance
- Assess whether TCF is embedded and the firm is consistently delivering fair outcomes to consumers. Precedent case handling, including identification and assessment of case themes, recommendations for improvement
- Proactively managing relationships and expectations with our clients, both Financial Advisers and members
- Updating knowledge and understanding of HMRC and relevant legislation, regulations and guidance
- Broker solutions and demonstrate soft service recovery skills to retain customers
- Create and capture MI, data analysis (trends/themes/risks), process intervention and improvement
- Develop recommendations underpinned by robust data analytics and MI for continuous improvement of the firm's risk management
- Build effective relationships with internal and external clients
- Carry out remedial project work on cases requiring technical expertise
- Gain, maintain and demonstrate knowledge of our various Trust Deed and Rules
- Exceptionally proactive, with the ability to innovate and challenge in support of the business model we are operating
- Understanding of HMRC requirements, rules, manuals and guidelines relating to SIPP/SSAS, ISA's and/or GIA's
- Understanding of trust-based pension schemes and trustee duties
- Good understanding of compliance requirements for SIPP/SSAS, ISA's and/or GIA's
- Good understanding of DPA and DSAR legislation
- Understanding of legal documentation relating to SIPP/SSAS, ISA's and/or GIA's
- Exceptional judgment and communication skills
- Solid risk and controls awareness
- Clear and proven oral and written communications skills
- Professional qualifications including CF1, CF2, CF4 and FA2 or an interest to study towards
- At least five years comparable experience in a regulated financial services company/complex regulated environment, ideally in SIPP and SSAS administration or ISA's or GIA's
- Experience must be in at least one of the following for a minimum of 2 years: service recovery/complaints handling/trustee technical support/ complex case management (problem solving) / specialist technical support/SME - such as investments, drawdown, SSAS, ISA's. GIA's
In return you will be offered an attractive salary of up to £25,000pa.
Whilst we'd like to get back to every applicant, it isn't always possible. So, if you haven't heard from us within 5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'