Advancing Life - That’s what we at Bayer are all about.
We put ourselves to the test day in day out. All together. All over the world. With enthusiasm for new ideas.
Bayer has traded in the UK and Ireland since Friedrich Bayer first sold his dyestuffs here in 1871
Today our UK and Ireland region is headquartered in Green Park, Reading. The office serves as home to Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Health and Animal Health, as well as our pivotal business and administrative service function. Our Crop Science business is based in Cambridge and our Ireland businesses are based in Dublin.
The Compensation and Benefits Manager is a key role for the UK and Ireland.
This is an exciting role in a fast moving and complex business where the job holder will contribute to the design and establishment of HR Policies, tools, process improvements and procedures in line with the framework defined by the Centre of Expertise and Global Process Owners (GPO). This is a key role and the job holder will provide their specialist knowledge to partner with the business and HR peers to shape the delivery of the UK HR Strategy. Leading a small team you will bring expertise and inspiration whilst becoming an integral part of the wider professional (and fun) hardworking HR team.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
• Advise HR Business Partners and Business Managers on compensation, benefits and mobility issues
• Manage the annual Merit and Short Term Incentive processes by preparing relevant papers and proposals for agreement with UK management and Global Compensation
• Research, analyse and create end-to-end solutions for complex C&B issues to ensure compensation, reward and recognition package is aligned with Bayer’s compensation philosophy local business objectives and market competitiveness
• Proactively keep up to date with any upcoming HR legislative trends and business needs and instigate enhancements
• Lead initiatives to adopt policies and standards to reflect changing needs
• Support the local roll out of strategies, policies and standards as defined by the Centre of Expertise and the relevant GPO
• Monitor feedback from the business regarding Compensation, Benefits and Mobility
• Carry out Hay job evaluation for selected roles within the UK organisation
• Monitor and report local performance and spending
• Implement and drive reporting procedures to meet company requirements; analyze reporting results and identify necessary actions
• Leading the Compensation & Benefits / Mobility team
Who you are?
• Preferably a university degree or equivalent, additional qualifications in HR welcomed.
• English language should be fluent both in the spoken and written form
• Knowledge about local legal employment conditions and those of the legal entity or specific site organization
• Experience and proven track record in working across the core HR functions with specific experience in one expert HR field
• Experience of working in a model including - Shared Service Center, Business Partner, Center of Expertise
• Role model for the Bayer LIFE Values, Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency
• Team-oriented leadership skills honed through experience with senior management
• Strong communication skills
• Experienced in multidisciplinary projects and corresponding change management
• Capability to work in a multicultural environment
• Good understanding of financial impacts derived from HR decisions and policies
• General business acumen
• Ability to influence business leaders and drive outcomes
One of the key objectives of Bayer’s Talent Management strategy is to attract and retain the best talent for Bayer and create an environment where everyone can perform, innovate and develop to their full potential
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
At Bayer reward is important to us, employees benefit from excellent employment conditions such as:
• Competitive salary, car benefit and performance bonus
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Private Healthcare, generous pension scheme and Life Insurance
• Employee discount scheme
• State of the art offices (award winner for British Council for Offices, Best Fit Out Category 2018)
• International career possibilities
Are you up for the challenge? If so, please apply below.
If you would like more information please contact the Talent Acquisition team.
- Pension Schemes
- HR Policies
- Team Leadership
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'