A progressive and growing local engineering business with an international presence require an enthusiastic buyer to join their team.
The company buyer will help to further development and increase supply chain relationship, so you should be a commercially focused professional, capable of providing supply-chain solutions to drive down costs using excellent negotiation skills and techniques.
Key responsibilities / duties will include:
* Implement new purchasing strategies to reduce cost
* Evaluate and source new and repeat components using MRP software, in-line with commercially driven component re-order levels
* Regularly review and propose new re-order levels against varying demand
* Work closely with engineers' drawings and make buying decisions based on these
* Improve supplier performance using data based analytics (cost, lead-time controls, quality)
* Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time and in the event of problems, trace shipments and follow up on undelivered goods
* Ensure compliance throughout the supply chain
* Develop and maintain global relationships with key suppliers
* Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals and review requisitions for goods and services
* A proven track record in supply-chain management. CIPS qualification preferred, and experience in a manufacturing environment
* A sound knowledge of purchasing within an MRP / ERP environment
* Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings
* Ambitious character traits with a "can do" attitude and drive to embrace and promote company vision goals & expectations.
* Embrace and promote the culture of continuous improvement
* Excellent negotiating and organisational skills
* Excellent communication skills, written & verbal
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
* Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
* Can work as part of a team or on own initiative
* The ability to read, write and understand English.
If you would like to take advantage of this superb opportunity please apply online.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job