REED Accountancy are delighted to be working with our client, a very successful local business in central Belfast, who are seeking to recruit a Company Accountant to join their business as the number two to the Finance department. This is an exclusive role which you won't see advertised anywhere else.
The role of Company Accountant is a particularly exciting role for an aspiring Senior Finance Professional, as it reports directly in to the Finance Director and offers a very tangible route to Financial Controller within the first year and an equally tangible medium to long term route to FD.
The Company Accountant will initially be responsible for the timely and accurate administration of the Finance function including:
- Purchase Ledger
- Sales Ledger
- Petty Cash
- Month-end reconciliations
- Preparation of Management Accounts
- Statutory returns
- Overseeing all aspects of year-end preparations, returns and submissions
Working closely with the Finance Director and Senior Business Partner, you will become more involved over time with the day to day operations of the business, taking a more active role in matters of company strategy.
The successful applicant will be a highly motivated and capable individual, demonstrating exceptional professional values. This role would be well suited to a Part-Qualified Accountant who is commercially-minded and motivated to become a Senior Finance professional in the medium to long term.
- A minimum of 2 years' office-based Finance experience, preparing Management Accounts
- Strong IT skills including MS Excel
- A meticulous attention to detail
- Strong professional values
- Ambitious and keen to progress in a long term role
- Experience using Sage Line 50 and Sage Payroll
- A qualification with a professional Accountancy body e.g. IATI, ACCA, ACA, CIMA etc. Please note this role is also open to QBE candidates
Get in Touch
This is a genuinely fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and motivated Accountant who wants to progress in a long term role with a fantastic company. For more information, or for a confidential chat about this vacancy, please call Chris Burns at REED Accountancy on .
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'