Michael Page are partnering with a successful family owned business in York to appoint a Company Accountant.
The business are a true specialist in their market, known for their high quality products and expertise. They have consistently evolved over the years and due to growth they are looking to add a Qualified Accountant to their Finance function.
Reporting into the Group Financial Controller, your responsibilities will include;
- Redesign and deliver the monthly reporting pack for distribution to directors and managers
- Develop branch reporting - ensuring accurate cost allocation.
- Design and implement robust and meaningful analysis / commercial commentary of month end reporting
- Be responsible for and ensure accuracy of stock valuations - design and implement methodology to track variances
- Implement variance analysis processes to identify discrepancies with analysis and reporting
- Monthly variance analysis against forecast and prior periods
- Undertake investigation of variances to identify areas of concern with appropriate reporting and commentary
- Identify and agree internal benchmarks and undertake trend analysis of financial performance
- Establish and coordinate / manage year end and interim audits with external auditors
- Act as the CPoC for all audit related issues
- Design and implement regular reporting of subsidiary performance in conjunction with stakeholder and business requirements
- To undertake any ad hoc finance work as necessary
- Design and deliver in a timely manner ad hoc reports
For this role you will ideally be a Qualified Accountant (or qualified by experience), who is strong on Excel and has experience using financial systems to design and build financial reports.
Ideally you will have worked in a manufacturing environment previously, although this is not essential.
Competitive salary + generous bonus
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'