As the Company Accountant you will be Reporting to the Head of Financial Services functionally, and operationally to the Managing Director. The Company Accountant will provide strategic and operational finance support (and any other group company as may be required from time to time) and will help embed financial planning, commercial thinking and budgetary control.
- * To ensure there are robust financial plans and sufficient financial reporting to enable better decision making
* To provide support in financial appraisals of proposed or existing schemes
* To ensure the responsibilities of the post are carried out in a way that reflects the standards, vision and values
* To adequately report, manage and mitigate the operational risks of the team;
* To drive change to ensure we are always efficient and effective, with a focus on digital delivery of services;
* To set, monitor and deliver on key performance indicators across the department, aiming to deliver continuous improvement
* Ensure the department provides a high quality financial service to all Group companies, and to all internal and external customers
* To inspire and motivate staff, developing and managing team members (direct and indirect) effectively and enabling them to give their best;
* To deliver value for money and manage resources effectively and efficiently, ensuring that targets (financial and non-financial) are met;
* To undertake appropriate training and staff development.
- To prepare full 10 year business plan in line with the Group timetable and with sufficient granularity to allow input into the group model in Brixx using group assumptions;
* To prepare monthly management accounts, financial KPIs and cash flows, in line with Group timetables;
* To prepare statutory accounts, in line with the Group timetable, and calculate tax and pay any gift aid in line with agreed policies;
* To contribute to service improvements within the wider finance teams, with a specific focus on transactions;
* To undertake all balance sheet reconciliations
* To drawdown and repay intercompany loan funding, administer inter group interest payments and manage the inter group trading balances
* To contribute to financial modelling and appraisals of proposed and existing schemes
* To capture financial Opportunities and Risks and report those to management
* To contribute to management or board reports specifically around financial implications and financial impacts
* To assist with company secretarial activities as required
QUALIFICATIONS & PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS:
* Recognised professional accountancy qualification or strong QBE
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- * Extensive experience in financial management within the building industry
* Experience of preparing budgets, forecasts and management accounts
* Experience of identifying the potential for delivering efficiency savings and driving business decisions;
* Strong IT skills and proficient in excel and report writing
* Experience of manipulating large volumes of data for multiple scenarios
* Proven relationship builder and influencer with stake holders
* Proven management skills - both strategic and operational
* The ability to motivate, inspire and influence a large and diverse workforce by example and persuasion
* Great people skills and a track record in change management
* Good commercial awareness and insight
* An ability to work in uncertainty
* Self-reliant and resilient
* Professional and value led with integrity, inclusivity and respect for diversity
* Ability to travel between sites and to meet external commitments
* Ability to work flexibly and when needed outside normal working hours
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Company Accountant role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'