Job description, responsibilities and remuneration package
The Company Accountant role will include a number of key responsibilities including:
- Closing of the organisations accounts and in the production and reporting of key accounting statements
- Period end financial accounting duties and audit preparation
- Reconciliation of financial accounts, statements P&L and the company balance sheet
- Revenue budget monitoring and setting
- Ad-hoc accounting projects and administration
- Production of consolidated monthly management accounts including balance sheet and cash flow.
- Responsible for the preparation of the consolidated financial statements
- Reconcile subsidiary accounting records differences are appropriately documented and understood.
- Take the lead on providing the business with clear technical accounting advice
- Willingness to stay ahead of latest reporting compliance and accounting standards
- Significant involvement in year-end process
- Preparation and filing of VAT returns
- Work with our tax advisors
- Produce ad-hoc reporting to communicate financial performance to management with recommendations.
- Relevant accountancy qualification
- Engineering experience desirable
- Assist the Financial Accounting Accountant to record to report task under the responsibility of the Financial Accounting team
- Assume responsibility for the bank, VAT and Balance Sheet reconciliation
- Balance sheet and bank reconciliations experience are a must
- VAT submission experience is a must
- Daily bank postings for all bank accounts and responsible for liaising with AR and AP to ensure all clearing accounts are zero by the month end
- Post standard and recurring journal entries provided by the Local markets
- Prepare accounts for analysis
- Prepare accounts balance sheet reconciliations to ensure that accounts used are regularly reviewed and cleared
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly, quarterly & year-end reporting schedules and corporate templates, as advised by Financial Accountant
- Monthly formal reconciliation of bank accounts to General Ledger, to ensure that all bank transactions are booked into the GL accounts
- Prepare monthly Management reporting pack in the consolidation system under Financial Accountant supervision
- Taxes - Corporate and VAT
- VAT: Prepare and Submit VAT return, SII, EC Sales listing, and prepare VAT reconcile under Financial Accountant supervision
- Assist Corporate Income Tax calculation, as advised by the Financial Accountant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'