Page Personnel are delighted to be exclusively partnered up with our client in recruiting a Company Accountant/Bookkeeper. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a team and take responsibility for the finance function and production of management information.
Our client is a unique business that successfully operates in the medical sector. They provide a unique product and are located in Hamilton.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly management accounts and participate in monthly management meetings
- Process and review expenses and purchase invoices
- Manage the debtors, credit control and cashflow
- Prepare general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employers benefits and costs, accruals and prepayments
- Liaise with the auditors to prepare Statutory Accounts
- VAT/EC sales returns
- Assist the management team with preparation of annual budgets
- Liaise with our logistics partner to ensure good stock management where goods in and out are delivered on time and in full.
- Administer company contracts, HR records - holidays etc , car leases, insurance etc.
- Achieve Key Performance Indicator targets to meet business goals and objectives.
- Improve processes to automate / reduce manual input and cost processes within the business
- Be the data owner/champion to ensure we comply with data protection
- Implement and support IT system changes required to improve processes
The successful candidate will likely have the following profile:
A motivated individual with good people skills and able to talk to individuals at all levels.
Someone who can work well both individually and as part of a team.
Comfortable in a small business where you will need to specify and undertake the tasks required.
Knowledge of producing management information to timescales.
Knowledge of using IT systems and process improvement to improve efficiency of operations.
Knowledge of wider administration including debt collection.
Some stock management capability / logistics advantageous
Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Excel.
This role offers a salary between £24,000-£26,000 plus benefits.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job