Title Company Accountant
Report to Managing Director
This is a varied role working at a high level within the business and would best suit someone technically strong with excellent interpersonal skills who can confidently liaise with internal and external stakeholders. You will perform general accounting and administration day to day duties as explained in detail below.
Duties and Responsibilities
VAT returns monthly
Cash flow monitoring
Customer credit checks and assist in credit decisions
Bank accounts transaction entries and reconciliation
Aged debtor control
Issuing dividends and share redemption
Manage & supervise the department & Purchase Ledger Clerk/Accounts Assistant
Preparing file for & liaising with our external accountants over the statutory accounts
Manage administer Insurances & employee benefits scheme.
Deal with finance providers.
Operate Sage Line 50 for windows, managing all ledgers to trail balance and produce monthly and quarterly management accounts.
- Liaise with sales, production and other departments over accounts issues (e.g. if an account is put on stop or hold).
- Collect and collate information for management accounts, reports and KPI's in line with the reporting schedule and as required by the management team.
- Provide ad-hoc reports as required by management.
- Provide analysis to support decision making where required.
- Regular and accurate reporting in line with the reporting schedule on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Manage credit control and chase overdue accounts.
- Keep up to date with legal requirements with regard to your accounting work.
- Liaise with our external accountants over more sophisticated issues where required.
- Raising and sending sales invoices.
- Reconcile bank statements and supplier statements and deal with enquiries and queries, on both purchase and sales ledgers.
- Deal with accounts queries from internal customers (e.g. production, account management and sales).
- Write emails to suppliers and customers in answer to account queries and also deal with any other general accounts office administration in association with the ledger clerk.
- Month end routines - Perform Tharstern Job Costing Period end routine including reporting and file reports.
- Use and update the main company database (Tharstern-Sage) with supplier and client information.
Perform and assist in personnel & HR duties as required such as induction, absence management and employee record entry and file maintenance etc.
Logging and managing all staff sickness/absence and holiday and reflecting in payroll
Ensure Managers keep meticulous and up-to-date records of employee overtime and TOIL with clear business reasons
Administer the automatic enrolment of the Company Pensions Scheme.
Maintain accurate filing of employee personnel folders, keeping in line with current legislation and GDPR standards.
Any other functions relating to Human Resources which may vary from time to time.
- Checking of timesheets cross referencing clocking logs
Forecasts & budgeting
Fully qualified AAT or above.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job