Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently seeking highly motivated Community Support Workers to join our friendly Dudley Hub and Outreach Services. If you are seeking a rewarding career and want to make a positive difference to the lives of others, then we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for respectful, warm and enthusiastic individuals to meet the needs of adults with mental health needs, learning disabilities, addiction and/or a risk of homelessness. The service provides structured levels of support which are flexible and reactive to the needs and aspirations of the people we support. We work in partnership with service users, their network of support and other relevant services.
We are recruiting Community Support Workers to work as a team and support service users on their journey to independence, working to maintain active and consistent involvement. You will be working from our base, the Hub, which provides a safe and inclusive space for service users to be supported to develop new skills, access mentoring service and gain confidence while accessing support services.
Community Support Worker duties include:
- Developing warm and trusting relationships with members to encourage them to express their needs, views and concerns,
- Maintaining positive links with a range of community organisations, specialist and mainstream services.
- Devising and reviewing outcome-focused support plans, assisting in the assessment of needs and risk.
- Encouraging and supporting service users to achieve self-care and independent living skills.
Although we value relevant experience of supporting people with support needs, you do not need to have prior experience if you can demonstrate a ‘can-do approach’, person-centred values, energy and commitment. You will have a strong work ethic and duty of care and be able to contribute to a positive team approach.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams,
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma.
- A one-off bonus of £100 (subject to tax and national insurance deductions) upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period.
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We expect all applicants to Creative Support to have had at least their first Covid 19 vaccination prior to starting employment with us and to be committed to having the second vaccination within a 3 month period.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'