Community Support Youth Worker
Location: Essex and Surrounding Areas
Salary: £17,236.40 - £18,720 - Potential of earning £8k
Full Time or Part Time on offer!
My client provides innovative care and education services to children and young people who have complex needs, emotional and behavioural difficulties or who display challenging behaviour.
They have very exciting opportunities for Community Youth workers in your area to support Young People aged 16-21 years who are leaving care, living in the community within their own accommodation.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the needs of young people are met, that you guide them towards the achievement of positive independent living skills
- To work in partnership with Local Authorities and external agencies i.e. Connexions, CAMHS etc, to ensure the young person's needs are being met and a high level of service is being delivered.
- Develop good relationships with local communities to promote the inclusion of young people and opportunities for work, training and education.
- To engage a young person and build a sound working relationship
- To provide support, guidance and advice to young people in all areas of daily life, this includes budgeting, health, careers, education, managing accommodation maintenance and safety, amongst many more areas. * No personal care is required. *
- To encourage independence and self-care skills
- To take part in an on call on a rota basis and be prepared to travel;
- To carry out sleeps as when required;
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- NVQ II/III, Certificate/Degree/HND Youth Work, any other qualifications directed to work with Children and Young People - desirable
- Direct work with young people who are looked after, at risk, or in challenging circumstances - essential
- Engaging young people and forming professional relationships
- Budgeting, cooking, cleaning and support in self care skills
- To be positive and enthusiastic to enable young people to reach their potential - essential
- To have a flexible work approach and to undertake duties in the evenings and weekends in different locations as and when required - essential
- Be able to do sleep in when required - 1-3 a week - essential
- To hold a current Driving Licence and have access to the use of a car which is insured for business purposes - essential
- To have a current DBS or allow one to be undertaken - essential
- Full paid training and induction with our qualified and experienced instructors
- Extra pay for sleep-ins
- career progression and development
- paid mileage
At Healthier Recruitment we are dedicated in finding our candidates their ideal roles. We go above and beyond the basic requirements of our candidates to find roles that not only match their overall package expectations but provide them with an opportunity to secure a position that offers personal fulfilment and the potential to develop within an organisation that shares similar visions and values.
Each and every candidate we work with is different, and therefore we take the time to get to know you and explore the potential career options that suit you best to ensure that your transition into a new role is both a smooth, stress free and enjoyable experience.
- "community" OR "community support worker" OR "youth worker" OR "children support worker" OR "children practitioner" OR "child care" OR "children suppo
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'