We are based in the City of London in one of Reed Specialist Recruitment's Megasites and are seeking a Care Consultant to join our team.
The key purpose of the Community Care Support Officer is to ensure that the personal care, independence and choices of the Service User are maintained, according to the needs and capabilities of the individual, as recorded in the care and support plans. This role also encompasses the support of service delivery requirements to maintain the highest standard of care and quality of service.
· Represent Reed Community Care internally and external to ensure the continuous development of services within the local communities we serve in order to effect a successful l/ profitable business model
· Complete Risk Assessments and support the development of service standard, outcome focused Care Plans as required
· Assist with the quarterly, biannual and annual review of Risk Assessments, Care Plans, packages, observations, spot checks, IAAM documents and medication regimes as required
· Provide support to the candidate compliance process by helping to ensure that all candidates are compliant to work at all times
· Adhere to Reed company best practice and guidance
· Provide support across care packages by regularly reviewing the support needs of service users with their care workers and support teams to identify any changing needs or developments. Update the team and relevant external agencies accordingly.
· Oversee new, complex care packages during their initial introduction into the service to safely transfer the care within the Company care programs
· Support the Registered Manager and branch by assisting continued compliance with CQC requirements across care packages and in branch processes and practices
· Assist in the management of the care worker rota to ensure shifts are covered
· Assist with branch “On-Call” duties at weekends, weekday nights and bank holidays
· Support the branch and care packages by assisting with maintaining regular contact with service users and their families
· Regular update reporting, communication and liaison with Registered Manager and branch team
· Cooperating with and providing full support to the wider office and Division. Working collaboratively with colleagues to ensure overall team success
· Support the RCC complaints process within CQC guidelines by assisting in the management of complaints
· Help to build and support strong relationships with internal and external agencies
· Mentor new Care Worker, offering support, advice and encouragement
· Assist with Care Worker Supervision and care worker assessments
· Assist in organising regular Care Worker team/Peer Group meetings
· Identify Care Worker training needs and report them to the Compliance Administrator
· Lead on Care Worker Recognition schemes and events to recognise and reward good work and practice across the care teams and packages
· Promote service user participation throughout service by encouraging Service User and family feedback and suggestions
• Proven experience within care profession
• NVQ/ SVQ 3 in care (or equivalent) or recognised social / health care qualification
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Proven experience/qualification/training on writing Risk Assessments and care planning
• Clear understanding of responsibilities and risks surrounding confidentiality and safeguarding
• Smart, professional appearance
• Possess strong organisational skills
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Demonstrate appropriate availability, demonstrate a flexible and enthusiastic approach.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job