Position: Community Service Manager – Supported Living
Salary: £33,000 - £35,000 per annum plus 10% Annual Bonus
Location: Hastings, WS10 9FB
Service: Playden Gardens, Consensus Support Services Ltd
About the Service:
- Playden Gardens (Consensus Support Services Ltd) is a brand-new supported living service opening in July 2021.
- We require new staff to commence employment in June/July 2021 to complete full induction and training in time for the opening of the service and be in post for the first individual moving into their new home.
- The service is designed to support individuals with learning disability, autism and complex needs to live as independently as possible within the community with high levels of staff support. The building has both self-contained flats and large communal areas with a modern layout.
- Based on person centred active support and positive behaviour support the staff team will be there to support individuals to gain skills to life the live they want to lead in a way that has meaning to them.
- The Manager will have the full support of our dedicated teams and work closely with our colleagues in Development, Referrals, Training, Operations, Finance, HR & Recruitment.
- Consensus has over 95 services located throughout the UK, offering a structured and detailed training and induction programme to all new employees.
- This is an exciting opportunity to join Consensus and take leadership in this brand-new service. Leading in the recruitment and development of your own team.
- As Manager you will lead and work with a team to provide operational and strategic direction, setting clearly defined work objectives efficiently and effectively for both yourself and others and ensuring these are successfully achieved against agreed timelines and directives.
- With the aim of enabling the service users to lead a valued and fulfilling life and to maximise their independence to enable them to achieve their full potential, ensuring that the service is run in an efficient and responsible manner, balancing the achievement of budget with the ethos of excellent quality.
- Effective management of financial performance, ensuring financial resources are appropriately managed & controlled.
- Promote quality assurance, working towards legal, clinical, statutory and organisational obligations, to develop effective work strategies and processes, to ensure that the business is run in an efficient and responsible manner, balancing the maximisation of profitability with the ethos of excellent quality.
- Balance the level of acceptable risk against the need to protect the health, safety and welfare of all concerned in all decision making. With the aim of enabling the service users to lead a valued, fulfilling life and to maximise their independence to enable them to achieve their full potential.
- To actively promote a learning culture, seeking cost effective resources to maximise learning and development opportunities, ensuring that the training compliance levels are met and maintained.
The above list is not exhaustive. Full Job Description available upon request
- Career progression towards becoming and Operations Regional Manager
- Paid annual leave 33 days per year (based on hours/pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays
- Support towards completing your management NVQ’s Level 5 and other qualifications that may be relevant
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year & a Health & Wellbeing portal
- Life Assurance benefit of twice basic annual salary
- Employee benefits platform providing discounts at over 150 retailers including nationwide cinemas
About You/Skills & Experience Required:
- To join us, you’ll need to have plenty of management experience working in services supporting individuals with learning disabilities or complex behaviours; have strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- You will have an NVQ Level 5 in Health & Social Care or equivalent
- A good knowledge of relevant H&S Regulations, CQC Regulations, Registration and Inspections
- Confident, flexible and efficient, you’re happy to work on a shift basis if required, to be on call if required.
- Above all, you’ll be committed to providing person-centred care that gives real equality of opportunity to all those you are supporting and working with.
Consensus has a set of values that underpin and define how we work, inspire us to succeed and support achievement of the highest standards. For everyone at Consensus, our values are what unite and guide us to deliver the best for the individuals we support:
Choice & Respect, Ambition & Imagination, Reliability & Professionalism
Honesty & Integrity, Responsibility & Accountability, Inclusive & Supportive
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'