Community Physiotherapist - Band 6 x2
NHS Community Physiotherapist x2
Duration: Temporary, 3 months
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm / 9am- 8pm
Rate: NHS Band 6, £18 - £22 per hour
The role for the Community Physiotherapist you will work as part of the multidisciplinary community rehabilitation service for adults with a wide range of medical conditions. For this position, they are looking at an immediate start. The initial duration expectation is 3 months.
Outline duties below:
- Responsible for working on your own as a registered practitioner within the established multidisciplinary team you will undertake a community Physiotherapy role for the South East Staff Rehabilitation Service
- Undertaking comprehensive assessments using verbal and non-verbal communication, highly skilled physical examination and manual assessment techniques. Using clinical reasoning skills you will provide accurate clinical diagnosis, agree physiotherapeutic goals and the physiotherapy treatment plan with the patient/carer
- Clinically responsible for patients accepted onto your caseload and to organise this with regard to clinical priorities, evidence based practice and ensuring most efficient use of skills, time and resources
- To act as a source of spontaneous and planned clinical expertise giving appropriate advice and guidance for the patient, carers, other professionals within health, education, social services and the voluntary and private sectors, within safe practice guidance and referral to senior physiotherapist as appropriate
- Expected to assess, identify and agree goals and treatments plans using diagnosis and evidence based treatment programmes to meet a wide variety of patient needs in the most appropriate location in the community e.g. patients’ own homes, clinics and care homes
- Responsible for supporting the team to provide training to carers, care agencies and other external partners on an ad hoc basis at the request of Operational Lead
- Required to ensure that the service meets the outlined key performance indicators and that there is a monthly performance report completed to demonstrate this
- Holding responsibility for their own caseload and will be required to work without direct supervision. To undertake regular supervision and training of Rehabilitation Assistants
- Supervising, educating and assessing the performance of Physiotherapy students; this would involve working with universities and Trust Clinical Placement team to ensure the standard of practice and teaching meet standard set by the degree level qualification
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Leah Waldron, Leo Steeden or Thomas Brown on or alternatively email
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'