Community Link Driver - East of Essex
Location will be East of Essex (main base will be Clacton)
Fixed Term contract is for 12 Months
Additional hours will be paid
Pro-rata salary will be up to £10,135.14 p.a
Essex County Council are currently looking for Drivers for their Community Link service to safely operate the vehicle and any disabled access equipment utilised in transporting passengers. The successful candidate will ensure the safe transfer between pickup/drop off locations and vehicles for passengers.
The successful candidates will assist in promoting the Community Link service in Essex and will work with Passenger assistant(s) allocated to the vehicle.
This is a very rewarding role, with successful candidates receiving the opportunity to deliver such a valued service to the community.
We must ask drivers to have a D1 qualification within their licence (driving tests passed before 1997 will have this included)
* Representing the Community Link team
* Carry passengers in a safe cost effective way
* To work with the driver allocated to vehicle as a team to ensure customer care standards are maintained to a high level
* Be able to cover areas within the east of Essex, mileage will be covered
* For passengers with identified needs, monitor those needs and respond with training specific to those passengers
* Current holder of a valid driving licence with Category D1 entitlement.
* Knowledge and experience of driving a passenger carrying minibus would be advantageous.
* Able to demonstrate the ability to work with passengers with special needs and the elderly.
* Ability to carry out basic vehicle safety checks
* Ability to function as part of a team.
* Good communication skills
* Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
* The applicant will be required to hold a pass certificate for the ECC minibus test before being awarded the post.
* The applicant will be required to complete an ECC driver's medical assessment (Note: The post will not be awarded until medical clearance is received)
* Able to transport passengers with a diverse range of needs.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit:
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://benefits
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on *
*Calls to this number are charged in the same way as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02, please check with your service provider
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'