Community Link Administrator
Please note this is a part time position, 20 hours per week. Hours will be discussed at interview.
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda - one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We're immensely proud of our flexible working options.
The purpose of this job is to ensure contract monitoring and take transport request forms from all customers and work with cleric software and general document filing. To work as part of a team providing transport to meet customer needs. To take responsibility for the transport of passengers, monitoring contracts, ensuring they are set up according to the passenger needs. Respond to transport requests within the specified time scale.
Role specific accountabilities
* Ensure all work undertaken meets legislative requirements under which community Link operates.
* To deal with all bookings for transport whether requested by internal or external customers.
* To ensure the planning of transport is cost effective maximising the use of existing transport, displaying value for money for the county and maximising vehicles in line with the Essex approach.
* To liaise with the area co-ordinators in the provision of transport in order to ensure specific passenger's needs are met wherever possible.
* To ensure accurate, timely records are kept (electronic) as well as statistical information is recorded accurately including loading lists and drivers' hours.
* Take responsibility for defect and time sheets.
* Assisting the area co-ordinators as and when required.
* Carrying out other duties maybe required by the contract's manager and fleet manager from time to time.
* General document filing.
Knowledge, skills and experience
* Good telephony skills.
* Experience and skills in administration
* Excellent communication skills
* Knowledge of transportation
Qualification certificates should be brought to interview.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://dbs-update-service.
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on *
*Calls to this number are charged in the same way as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02, please check with your service provider
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'