Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) officer
Are you looking to develop your career in planning as a CIL officer? A North London Authority is currently looking for a Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) officer to assist with their current work load for 3- 6 months.
The Authority is with in easy walking distances of public sector hubs and has excellent links to major underground and over ground stations.
The suitable candidate need to have good working understanding of:
- Assessing and commenting on planning applications a well as current planning legislation particularly as it relates to CIL arrangements and S106 Agreements.
- Have the ability to carry out day to day organisational and administrative tasks to determine CIL liabilities, including any surcharges due, in accordance with the Regulations, including processing and issuing relevant Notices up to and including Liability Notices.
The successful candidate would need to carry out a range of tasks that include but not limited to:
- Process applications for exemption and relief in accordance with the Regulations.
- Use Planning Applications System, Document Management System, Council Tax system, Non-Domestic Rate Register and Database/Spreadsheet software as necessary to accurately record CIL information and log Notices.
- Monitor Commencement Notices and interrogate building control, local land and property gazetteer, development monitoring and council tax systems to identify development commencement dates.
- Monitor activity in relation to surcharges payable for disqualifying events, failure to submit, clawback etc.
- Supply timely information to Finance Department to facilitate issuing of Demand Notices and collection and recovery action.
- Supply timely CIL liability information to Land Charges.
- Quality control CIL data in relation to identification of liable development and floorspace information.
- Liaise with Forward Planning, Development Management, Finance Department and other Council Officers to establish best practice work flow procedures and identify service improvements.
- Process appeals in conjunction with senior and legal officers.
- Provide professional advice on CIL related matters, including interpretation of Regulations and operation of CIL as necessary.
- Provide timely response to CIL correspondence and CIL related enquiries.
- Participate in London and other CIL administration best practice forums as required.
- Provide training on CIL administrative systems as necessary.
Advanced knowledge of Excel and Access and ability to use a wide range of computer software (including Uniform) to collate, query, analyse, interpret and present data would be essential for the position
The client is looking to select and interview candidates in the next two weeks and ideally would like the candidate to start there after.
The rates are between £22 - £28 per hour for an initial 3 month rolling contract.
Please forward your CV to me if the position is of interest as can present this through to the client.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.