Female Care Assistant (Drivers)
Join Be Caring Today!
Be Caring is an employee-owned social enterprise supporting over 300 people at home and in their communities in South Leeds and surrounding areas. Our mission is "to be care-giving day-makers, hope-builders, smile-givers, life-changers, community-warriors with the will to make a difference."
- We have 5 full-time roles available on our new Community Teams Home Care pilot.
- We are looking for values driven Community Carers, who can provide care and support to people living at home across South Leeds, locations include; Beeston | Chapeltown | East Ardsley | Harehills | Killingbeck | Middleton | Robin Hood | Rothwell | Seacroft | Tingley
- Make someone’s day, make someone smile, join Be Caring and make a difference.
- Paid from start to finish, earning up to £23,095 on a full-time 2-week rota pattern.
- £9.40 p/hr - paid for the whole time you are out (equivalent to £10.18 p/hr if you were paid per call).
- Mileage - 40p per mile
- Paid Induction and DBS
- Annual bonus (up to £250), gift vouchers for birthdays (£25), and refer a friend payment scheme (£150)
- FREE 24hr access to Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Optional Union membership with GMB who we work in partnership with to give our staff impartial support and guidance.
About the Role
You will use time flexibly with customers and their families to achieve personal outcomes that promote greater independence, use reablement approaches and support access to community services. As a Community Home Carer, you will:
- Provide personal care that protect people’s dignity.
- Promote independence using enabling and reabling approaches.
- Support people to meet their outcomes, involving families and professionals.
- Deliver personalised care through individual choice and control.
- Be a strong and effective communicator, documenting, reporting and sharing information with the right people at the right time.
We are looking for 3 walkers and 2 drivers to become Community Home Carers who can work alternating shift patterns on a 2-week rota, which will include some evenings and weekends, for example:
- 3 full days on week 1, 4 full days on week 2
- One weekend on, one weekend off
Working hours and shift patterns will be agreed with you based on your availability but our standard shift patterns are:
- Morning: 07:00am - 2:00pm
- Afternoon: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
- Clean DBS (carried out and paid for by Be Caring Limited) and 2 satisfactory references.
- Access to a vehicle if you are a driver.
- You do not need care experience. If you have the right values, we will provide you with the training you need to be an outstanding Community Home Carer.
- If you have previous experience in home care, health services, and have training as a Carer, Health Care Assistant or Support Worker, then please apply today.
Induction Training and Support
All training is fully funded, and you will be paid for your time to complete the training. As a Community Home Carer, you will be provided with a comprehensive induction training on community wellbeing, individual wellbeing and personal outcomes, fluids and nutrition, medication, moving and handling, basic life support and first aid, infection prevention and control, professional boundaries, safeguarding, health and safety, equality and diversity.
At Be Caring, we are committed to the personal and professional career development of all colleagues so that you can 'Be the Best you can be’. As a Care Assistant, you will be provided with:
- Full induction and shadowing programme.
- Training to complete the Care Certificate.
- Access to additional training and qualifications through the apprenticeship levy.
- Level 2 Health and Social Care qualification (on completion of six-month probation period)
- Quarterly Be Supported sessions.
- An annual appraisal and personal development plan.
- Communication Skills
- Active Team Player
- Friendly Personality
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'