Reporting To: Team Leader
Contract: 3 days on and 3 days off
Location: Nazeing and Waltham Abbey
Pay: £9.30 - £10.30 per hour + mileage allowance + Bank holiday paid 1.5x the standard rate
With the knowledge and approval of the Registered Branch Manager, to provide support and practical help to service users.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- To provide care and support to service users as detailed in their support/care plans or as directly agreed with themselves, their families, carers or advocates.
- To observe, monitor and report any significant changes in the service user’s health, mood, behaviour and attitude, or changes in circumstances.
- To work as part of a team, liaising with other services as necessary.
- To attend meetings and supervisory sessions as required.
- Attend training as necessary and adhere to the Company's policies and procedures at all times
- To ensure that services are provided in accordance with Manorcourt Care objectives of Quality Assurance.
- To perform other duties, as may from time to time be required by the Team Leader, Senior Team Leader and/or Registered Manager.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times.
- Ensure the dignity and respect of every service user is maintained at all times.
- Travel as required within the area and other areas within the company for business and training.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.
Health and safety
- Co-operate with the employer to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and the health and safety policies and procedures, not intentionally or recklessly interfere with, or misuse, anything provided in the interests of health, safety or welfare, in pursuance of the relevant statutory provisions.
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment is desirable.
- Working knowledge of regulatory frameworks and requirements.
Skills and Abilities
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Ability to display empathy.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work
Education and Qualification
- General educational qualifications
- Level 2 in health and social care or equivalent is desirable.
- Level 2 in the following subjects are also desirable but training will be available; assisting and moving, dementia, end of life, food safety and nutrition, care ambassador, learning disability, stroke
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job