Job Title: Communications Project Officer & Deputy Clerk
Location: Kingsway, Dunstable
Salary: £29,481 - £32,222 per annum (£24,208 - £26,459 pro rata)
Position: Part Time, Permanent (37 hours per week, 38 weeks per year)
Closing Date: Sunday 1st December 2019
The role of Communications Project Officer & Deputy Clerk has been created to support and enhance the wide-ranging activities within The College. This is a busy and varied post requiring an enthusiastic and highly competent person able to multi-task and to work to deadlines.
The successful candidate will manage the internal communication within the college using a variety of media strategies, and will be the go to person for what and how internal communication needs to be actioned. You will provide comprehensive support to the Clerk to the Corporation, including management of correspondence between governors and members of the College Management Team.
This role involves a high level of interaction with staff of all levels and will require the post-holder to ensure that confidential and commercially sensitive information is securely retained.
Combined with a professional approach the role also requires strong written and verbal communication skills, together with the ability to prioritise work, and be a good team player. Previous experience in a similar role will be an advantage.
- To be proactive in leading effective internal communications across the College and ensuring reliable information flow through building strong relationships with key stakeholders including managers, learners, staff and governors
- To manage a range of media options for effective and timely internal communications which targets a wide range of staff and groups within the College as appropriate
- To produce informative yet accessible copy and compile reports/executive summaries as required
- To be the go-to person for what and how internal communication needs to be executed
- Contribute to the effective organisation of meetings, conferences and events to facilitate effective internal communication when needed
- To be creative in utilising College facilities such as the Media and the marketing departments to improve communication across the College
- To be a self-starter in managing how and what needs to be communicated and by when
- To extract key information from relevant reports/websites that will enable effective internal communication
Deputy Clerk (Corporation and Committees)
- Provide administrative assistance and support to the Clerk and in their absence deputise in meetings
- Organise meetings and events as necessary including logistical arrangements
- To collate, photocopy and circulate the agenda and supporting papers for meetings
- Produce presentations using PowerPoint or other suitable applications, and ensure that display technology is booked and set up and operational when required
- When required, produce succinct or verbatim minutes as required, which give an accurate reflection of the meeting
- Ensure that confidential and commercially sensitive information is securely retained
- Deal as directed, with any freedom of information or data protection related enquiries
- Degree or equivalent
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Administrative systems
- Experience of working successfully as a member of a team
- High standard of oral, written and social media communication skills, and excellent inter-personal skills
- Ability to seek out and understand the expectations and needs of customers/clients
- Able to create systems and work pro-actively
- Defined Benefit Pension
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free Car Parking
- Subsidised Refectory
- Onsite Gym
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
All roles are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Communications Officer, Communications Specialist, Public Relations Officer, PR Executive, Digital Marketing Executive, Social Media Executive, Online Marketing Executive, Marketing Campaign Executive, Marketing Coordinator, Website Editor, Website Administrator, Website Content Manager may also be considered for this role.
- Online Marketing Executive
- PR Executive
- Social Media Executive
- Website Editor
- Marketing Coordinator
- Public Relations Officer
- Digital Marketing Executive
- Communications Officer
- Marketing Campaign Executive
- Communications Specialist
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'