A great opportunity for a Communications Officer specialising in media relations and digital communications has arisen at a high-profile membership body. You will be the first contact point for journalists, communications colleagues in other organisations, and the go-to person for web and digital issues. You will need to be able to deliver at pace, identify and deal with issues as well as work autonomously.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responding to media enquires (both national and trade) in a timely manner
- Maintaining working relationships with stakeholders and key journalists
- Pre-briefing both traditional and broadcast media ahead of key stories
- Maintaining fact-sheets on the industry for use with the media and stakeholders
- Reporting of media coverage into communications evaluation document
- Assisting the Communications Manager in creation of social media strategy and co-ordination of social media activity
- Developing use of all digital channels and evaluating digital performance
- Creating engaging content including infographics, GIFs, Twitter-cards, quote-cards and short videos for use on social media and other digital channels as well as leading the design project management on publications such as our Annual Review
- Website content management and monitoring Google Analytics to track website usage
- Issue weekly member newsletter
- Weekly contact with communications colleagues and key stakeholders for both horizon-scanning and sharing of communications products as part of a 'no-surprises’ approach
- Securing support from stakeholders for industry announcements
- Supporting public affairs activity
- Responding to or redirecting public enquiries from both members of the public or stakeholders
- Support to campaigning and event planning
- Providing general communications advice to the policy team
Skills required for the role:
- Must have proven media relations experience
- Must have experience in creating digital communication content
- Must have experience in handling reactive/crisis communications
- Previous experience working in an out-of-hours rota for urgent media enquiries
If you are a passionate, accomplished media and digital marketing professional, excited by the sound of this opportunity and ready to take on the challenge, please do get in touch.
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'