An Organisation in Worcester are seeking x15 Communications officers on a Temporary basis.
Temporary on-going un-till December 2018
between £10.15 - £13.58 per hour (shift dependant)
Hours: 31.82 hours weekly. Shift rotas includes some evenings and weekend work (unless otherwise stated)
Your new company
A Public Services Organisation in Worcester are looking for a number of Communications Officers as there is an urgent business requirement for call handlers during the transition from the old Operations and Communications Centre in to the new state of the art building based at Hindlip, Worcestershire. They will be taking candidates on via a fixed term contract starting April-December 2018.
Your new role
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- To receive, record and assess emergency and non emergency requests for policing services and provide resolution where appropriate.
- To manage and control the deployment of policing resources in line with Deployment Principles, Force
Policy, working practices and service standards within Warwickshire Police and West Mercia Police.
- To receive and record as appropriate requests for service and maintain accurate contact / incident records on Force systems, resolving at first point of contact where necessary.
- To make an initial assessment of the threat, risk, harm and vulnerability of the service request, to grade within Force guidelines / National Standards utilising intelligence information, and find a suitable resolution route at the first point of contact in order to support community safety and Force crime reduction objectives.
- To complete crime reports in full where there are no further lines of enquiry or partial completion when further investigation is required.
- To review, assess and update IT records and intelligence systems in accordance with Force policy, Management of Police Information (MoPI) and national guidelines.
- To provide timely updates to victims and witnesses and, if the initial response times are unable to be met, update and inform them about the next steps.
- To maintain standards for security of information in accordance with Force guidelines, National Standards and UK legislation.
- To communicate accurate information to external organisations whilst maintaining standards of security of information in accordance with Force guidelines, National Standards and UK legislation.
- To provide tutoring support to new OCC staff, in conjunction with the OCC Supervisor, during their probationary period.
- To maintain and continuously develop a working knowledge of emergency and non-emergency working practices and escalate issues affecting service delivery as necessary.
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post, as required.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed you will need the following:
* Working as part of a team in a contact centre environment
* Developing effective customer service to internal and external customers
* Working in a pressured environment, prioritising a high and varied workloads.
* Dealing with difficult conversations and challenging situations
* Accurate data entry skills, with attention to detail.
* Typing speed minimum of 35 words per minute.
* Proficient in the use of IT systems including Microsoft Office packages
* Proven ability to gather and collate information using appropriate questioning techniques
* Proven ability to communicate verbally and in writing with a wide range of people
* Ability to analyse, review and present information in various formats
* Good organisation, time management, administration and co-ordination skills
* Ability to be assertive and remain calm under pressure
* Ability to coach new colleagues.
* Have empathy and be an active listener,
* Have good risk assessment, problem-solving and decision-making skills
What you'll get in return
You will benefit from:
- Flexible shift patterns over 7days to include shift and weekend bonus of upto £5,698
- on-site parking
- Generous pension contribution
- fantastic exposure to handling sensitive calls
- Excellent training programme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.