Communications Officer (Young Adult Carers)
Exciting new opportunities at Carer Support Wiltshire Following the award of a large contract to support carers of all ages in Wiltshire over the next five years, a number of exciting new opportunities have arisen to join this forward-thinking energetic team, committed to supporting carers in Wiltshire and beyond.
With a large volunteer workforce, CSW are leaders in the local voluntary, community and social enterprise sector (VCS). Their work is recognised nationally making this a busy and fulfilling place to work.
Position: Young Adult Carers Communications Officer
Location: Wiltshire: flexible home / office base at Semington
Job Type: Part Time, 18 months Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 24 hours per week between Monday and Friday plus occasional weekend / evening
Salary: £21,530 - £23,698 pro rata
About the role:
Carer Support Wiltshire is launching YACbook - a new website and online community for young adult carers (YACs) aged 16-24. Developed in partnership with the Nationwide Building Society, YACbook includes a chat forum, blogs, event listings, information on employment and education and contact details for 1:1 support.
The YAC Communications Officer will be responsible for all communications, branding and marketing relating to YACbook. Promotion of the service, and awareness raising of YACs through social media channels will be a main focus.
This is an exciting opportunity to help define a new online brand and make a real difference to the lives of young adult carers. With a second site in development for young carers under 16, there are opportunities for an ambitious YAC Communication Officer to advance quickly.
The YAC Communications Officer will report to the Partnerships and Development Manager, and work closely with the Communications Manager and volunteers.
- Manage and produce the content for the YACbook site
- Ensure all content is repurposed and republished across a number of channels to maximise impact and raise awareness of YACbook and YACs
- Create and post content for social media platforms
- Respond to social media activity in a timely fashion
- Engage with young adult carers using YACbook, and respond to enquiries, moderate online discussion and signpost to appropriate services
- Liaise with YAC support team to ensure YACbook content and events listings are relevant and up to date
- Write press releases, handle reactive press queries, help with campaign planning etc
- Handle relationships with the media in a timely and professional manner resulting in articles in the press
- Proactively develop media and PR relationships and maintain all contact and activity on the CRM
- Assist with developing fundraising proposals for Young Adult Carer programmes and activities
- Assist with project planning and delivery on awareness raising projects such as Young Carers Day, Carers Week and Carers Rights Day
- Providing assistance with social media and digital communications
- Actively contributing and participating in publicity events and represent Carer Support Wiltshire in a positive manner and to raise awareness of carers’ needs
- Create and manage content on YACbook site
- Create content for newsletter and what’s on guide and monthly e-newsletter
- Contribute to internal communications including fortnightly staff, volunteer and trustee bulletin
- Review and edit content for cases for support for YACs
- Develop social media content to promote YACbook and CSW
- Input into communications reports to commissioners, funders and Board of Trustees
- A flexible approach is required for this role and you may be asked to undertake other duties from time to time
Essential Skills / Experiences:
- Social Media content management across main platforms (Instagram, Facebook, twitter, snapchat etc.)
- Ability to write website content, social media posts, blogs, short news articles, and press releases
- Experience of capturing and editing engaging images
- Some communications experience
- Project management skills
- Educated to degree level or qualifications relevant to post - e.g.: communications, social media.
- Good standard of education
- Experience managing social media content and promoting a brand on social media
- Expertise in use of social media tools and working familiarity with common platforms
- Understanding of the role of modern technology in communications strategy
- Excellent written English skills, including ability to get a message across succinctly
- Able to work flexibly in terms of location and occasional evening and weekend work
Desirable Skills / Experiences:
- Design skills (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, PageMaker etc)
- Experience with any CRM
- Ability to update WordPress website content
- Further qualifications in any of comms, social media, graphic design, photography, or video
- Experience of working with an online audience
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Understanding of carers’ issues and rights
- Understanding of reading ages and easy read design
- Car driver and owner
You may have experience of the following: Communications Officer, Press Officer, Internal Communications, Charity, Charities, CRM, Third Sector, Policy Officer, Marketing Officer, Not for Profit, Public Affairs, Information Resources, Communications Assistant, Press Assistant, Press Officer, Marketing Coordinator, Marketing Officer, PR Officer, PR Coordinator etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job