The position has several key objectives:
- Create a "Voice" for the company: one that communicates inwardly to its members, and outwardly promoting the organisation to the wider world. You will work closely with our established departments, especially Marketing.
- Ensure that our group has a valued, trusted and respected opinion in areas of significant importance to our members.
- Work with our members to ensure that we are delivering information which is truly relevant and valuable to them.
- Create a lobbying strategy (either directly or via our partner associations) ensuring that the company can exert influence where needed, representing the needs and concerns of our association and its associated industries
- Collate key information from a wide range of other sources (Other Associations, Government, Academic, General Media) and compile into a concise and easily digestible format for our members, effectively creating 'soundbites’ of business-critical information for our members
- Be aware of all relevant regulatory and legislative issues which are important now, or may become important in the future for our members (e.g. Regulatory changes, legal issues, potential negative PR issues, funding, Government etc)
- Manage the organisations Public Relations, either directly or via PR partners. Ensure that appropriate messages are delivered, and that potential conflicts and difficulties are appropriately countered.
- Create relationships with key media partners (either direct or via agency) to ensure the organisation is well connected with TV, Radio, Print and Social Media. Effectively the make Company a "go-to" organisation for opinion and thought.
- Collate key market data, which can be used to help our membership ensure they have robust market data in order to assist their own strategies going forward. This would include market value, markets trends, new opportunities avenues, areas of market decline etc.
- In addition, we have special interest groups within the organisation, and the opportunity to lead one of these from an early stage is possible.
The successful candidate will clearly need to be a highly accomplished communicator. Additionally, the individual will need a very methodical, meticulous and with an analytical eye for data, and importantly the ability to create readable and highly digestible communications which our members can assimilate rapidly. The ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, combined with a real drive and passion, with a can-do attitude will also be key.
An outstanding team player, who is open and confident is required. The ability to integrate into our close-knit team of professionals will also be highly important. Additionally, building strong relations with our members, external stakeholders and partners will be vital.
- Create a clear communications vision, which offers added value to the Group and its members.
- Work very closely alongside our marketing team, advising and recommending on the most appropriate methods to deliver our communications.
- Collate and create digestible information for members on key relevant issues (government/regulatory/financial etc)
- Disseminate valuable market data for key sectors, including market size, growth areas, weak business segments etc.
- Act as the organisations public spokesperson, and as a conduit with key media organisations (print, digital media, TV, Radio). Ensure that the Group and its members become better recognised within the industry and beyond.
- Create a Public Relations strategy and implement a PR program either directly, or via appointed PR organisations.
- Communicate and lobby central government on key relevant issues
- Budget and planning responsibility
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- A proven track record as an effective communicator both internally and externally within an organisation
- Outstanding use of succinct English in written documents
- Clear evidence of creating easy-to-read information created from complex sources or data
- Experience in multi-tasking, project management and planning
- Proficient with data, both its interpretation and dissemination
- Managing PR programs including working with agencies
- You are likely to be degree educated
Key Qualities needed:
- An outstanding clear and open communicator
- A team player, with a can-do attitude
- High accuracy and attention to detail
- Lateral thinking vision with a positive attitude
- The ability to work with a broad range of personnel at any level
- Creative vision with an ability to "think outside of the box"
- An engaging personality, someone who is capable of captivating an audience
The ideal candidate would also have the following skills
· A knowledge of some/all of the following areas would be an advantage: engineering, manufacturing, processing, packaging, equipment, FMCG
- A demonstrable ability of championing change, ideally within a member driven organisation would also be a distinct advantage
- Experience of building activities 'from scratch’
- Previous experience of interacting with government departments
- Public Relations
- Manage Multiple
- Legislative Issues
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job