We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Communications Manager to join our innovative, friendly Marketing team at our Head Office in Abingdon. Reporting to the Global Head of Corporate Communications, you will be responsible for all proactive and reactive PR activities and supporting with both internal communications and events.
- Implement communications plans to increase brand awareness and recognition
- Responsible for all proactive and reactive PR in line with agreed company and sector objectives
- Develop relationships with key media and influencers to secure and grow media coverage
- Manage the strategic delivery of a timely, consistent, and appropriate news pipeline
- Work with the Global Head of Corporate Communications to create and execute any required crisis management communications
- Develop Achilles’ global awards entry strategy and required entries
- Contribute to developing Achilles’ internal communication channels including intranet, newsletter, email & events
- Support the organisation of key internal company events
What are we looking for?
- Spanish language (written & verbal) is desirable but not essential
- Previous experience within a Corporate Communications and Internal Communications role
- Experience in both Media Relations and Public Relations
- Excellent understanding of the media on a regional, national and international level
- Development & delivery of high-impact media strategies
- Highly articulate individual with excellent written communications and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
At Achilles, we reward talent and hard work by offering a competitive salary and benefits package along with providing scope for global career progression.
Notice to head-hunters and recruitment agencies:
At Achilles we ask all recruiter and placement agencies to not submit any potential candidate’s details, unless you have signed Achilles Terms in place and have been directly requested to do so by a member of our in-house Talent Acquisition team. If you have been requested to submit candidates, you will have received access to submit via our recruiting portal for that specific role. We will not pay fees for any speculative introductions of candidates.