Salary £45k- £50k + bonus, Car Allowance, pension, private health.
The Group of Associations comprises three associations and is at the next stage of its strategic development and is delivering even greater membership benefits and services.
The association is well established and highly regarded, serving over 500 member companies, which are predominantly based in the UK, but with many having a global reach.
The main goal of the association is to improve the business performance of its member companies via an array of activities and services including trade shows, publications, advertising, international services, business information, networking events and training.
Summary of Position:
This is an exciting new position of Communications Manager, giving the successful candidate an opportunity to introduce a new range of member`s services and benefits.
The successful individual will have a true opportunity to build a new platform for the organisation.
The Group delivers outstanding sales-orientated support, and this role is about truly providing a broader support that can help their membership.
The successful candidate will clearly need to be a highly accomplished communicator.
Additionally, the individual will need a very methodical, meticulous and with an analytical eye for data, and importantly the ability to create readable and highly digestible communications which our members can assimilate rapidly.
The ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, combined with a real drive and passion, with a can-do attitude will also be key.
An outstanding team player, who is open and confident is required. The ability to integrate into their close-knit team of professionals will also be highly important. Additionally, building strong relations with their members, external stakeholders and partners will be vital.
• Create a clear communications vision, which offers added value to the Group and its members.
• Work very closely alongside their marketing team, advising and recommending on the most appropriate methods to deliver their communications.
• Collate and create digestible information for members on key relevant issues (government/regulatory/financial etc)
• Disseminate valuable market data for key sectors, including market size, growth areas, weak business segmentsAct as the organisations public spokesperson, and as a conduit with key media organisations (print, digital media, TV, Radio). Ensure that the Group, and it`s members become better recognised within the industry and beyond.
• Create a Public Relations strategy and implement a PR program either directly, or via appointed PR organisations.
• Communicate and lobby central government on key relevant issues
• Budget and planning responsibility
Key Skills & Experience Required:
• A proven track record as an effective communicator both internally and externally within an organisation
• Outstanding use of succinct English in written documents
• Clear evidence of creating easy-to-read information created from complex sources or data
• Experience in multi-tasking, project management and planning
• Proficient with data, both its interpretation and dissemination
• Managing PR programs including working with agencies
• You are likely to be degree educated
The ideal candidate would also have the following skills
• A knowledge of some/all of the following areas would be an advantage: engineering, manufacturing, processing, packaging, equipment, FMCG
• A demonstrable ability of championing change, ideally within a member driven organisation would also be a distinct advantage
• Experience of building activities `from scratch`
• Previous experience of interacting with government departments
An excellent salary of up to £50k dependent on experience, + Bonus +Car Allowance+ pension, private health
A full listing of the job specification will be provided for qualified candidates
Additional Resources Ltd. is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
- Communications Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job