This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled Communications Manager to join a leading charity on a 12 month fixed-term contract
My client is a leading national charity based near Reading
The Communications Manager will have the following responsibilities;
- Develop and deliver communications plans to engage new stakeholders and retain existing stakeholders - including customers, volunteers and staff - ensuring all activites are monitored and reviewed to maximise results.
- Ensure all communications activity reinforces the brand positioning and strategic direction of the charity, reinforcing key messages.
- Manage all communications activities including advertising, Public Relations and media relations, social media, internal communications and publications, ensuring they are delivered on time and within budget.
- Provide support for the management, development, training and recruitment and performance of the communications team and to deputise for the Communications Manager.
- Ensure all communications materials are accessible
- Provide communications advice and expertise across the organisation - in particular being a key advisor and spokesperson when handling difficult media issues.
- Develop issues and crisis management plans to protect the reputation of the charity - including management of an out of hours emergency response.
- To lead on cross-functional projects and key awareness raising events
- To ensure the brand is at the forefront of communications best practice and aware of the work or competitors.
The Communications Manager should have the following skillset;
- Significant experience in communications- Proven ability to deliver communications campaigns and initiatives to meet objectives.
- Excellent written skills.
- Ability to advise, influence and negotiate.
- Ability to prioritise and manage many projects and tasks.
- Experience of managing large projects.
- Experience of managing contracts and external suppliers.
- Knowledge of producing communications materials in accessible formats.
- Knowledge of communications best practice and innovation.
The Communications Manager will be offered a salary of between £33,000-£35,000 (plus a generous benefits package) on a 12 month Fixed-term contract
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job