One of the most innovative companies in the aerospace sector is looking to hire a communications manager for this brand new role.
Location: Bedford (Will be some flexibility to work 1-2 days from home)
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 Depending upon experience + Benefits
What will your role involve?
- Supporting the development of the communications strategy and executing the plan
- First point of contact for all media enquiries, answering requests from a photography, video and written perspective
- Acting as the company spokesperson when necessary
- Establishing and maintaining key relationships with media and other stakeholders
- Writing and distributing press releases and email campaigns using Mailchimp
- Hosting and organising visits from stakeholders, including media, government, investors, schools or similar
- Contributing to the future development of the social media channels and play the lead role in monitoring and maintaining our social media presence, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Gathering and reporting on communication and media activity using analytics
- Understanding the technical and engineering aspects of the business in order to answer media enquiries
What do we require from you?
- A degree in journalism, English or technical subject (e.g. engineering) with a penchant for writing clear and concise prose
- Proven experience in external communications, PR, marketing, social media
- Strong all-round IT skills and highly proficient social media operator across all platforms
- Ability to act as a spokesperson and ambassador for the company in interactions at all levels with the public, media and a wide variety of stakeholders
- Interest in technical subjects
Keywords: Marketing Manager, Communications Manager, External Comms, Aerospace, Engineering, Journalism, PR, Public Relations, Social Media, Press Release, Media Manager, Marketing Communications Manager
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Agency, the services advertised by EasyWeb Agency are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.