Communications Manager : Head of Service
East Cambridgeshire District Council has an exciting opportunity for a Communications Manager – Head of Service to join the team.
Location: Ely, East Cambridgeshire
Salary: Grade 9 £44,863 to 51,492 per annum plus benefits
East Cambridgeshire District Council is recruiting for a Communications Manager to lead their in-house communications team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Communications Manager or Head of
Communications looking for a new challenge.
Communications Manager – Head of Service – The Role:
As our Communications Manager, you will head up the Council’s communications team which also
includes a Communications Officer. You will report to the Operations Director and will be responsible for the leadership, management and development of communications, public relations and marketing for the Council.
You will also oversee both the proactive and reactive elements of the communications department,
from the promotion of the Council’s broad range of strategic objectives and outcomes as set out in
the corporate plan to running the Council’s press office and acting as the chief communications
advisor to officers, members, and others as appropriate.
Communications Manager – Head of Service – You:
- Track record of thinking strategically and creatively in order to successfully meet the objectives of communications campaigns
- At least two years within a managerial public sector communications role
- Experience in a communications, PR, marketing or media environment
- Demonstrate the ability to create positive and constructive relationships with a range of stakeholders including team members, officers, elected members and peers across and
outside the organisation
- Require the ability to exercise political sensitivity and clear judgement over organisational issues and developments
Communications Manager – Head of Service – Benefits:
In return, the Council offers a range of benefits including:
- A childcare scheme (in approved cases)
- A occupational health programme
- A training and development
- A holiday, sickness and salary pension scheme entitlements
Closing date for completed applications is: 20th August 2021
Interviews will be held on: 31st August 2021
The Council is an equal opportunities employer
To submit your application for this exciting Communications Manager – Head of Service opportunity, please press ‘Apply’ now to be redirected to the website.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'