A leading global publisher in London is looking for a highly organised and proactive Communications and Events Manager who will also act as PA to a Board level VP who travels extensively. As Events Manager, you will be responsible for organising large scale conferences and events for up to 1500 people. Some also held internationally. You will also offer finance support, attend key meetings, monitor and manage a very substantial budget using top notch Excel skills. As PA to VP, you will coordinate international travel, extensive diary management, creating PowerPoint presentations and also support recruitment processes where required. This is an exciting and challenging temporary position filling in until the ideal permanent person is hired, however, the ideal person could also be you!
- Provide executive level support for a Board level VP
- Act as the right hand to VP providing extensive administrative support including, but not limited to, complex diary management, international travel coordination, support for internal Board meetings, expenses and internal meeting coordination and support
- Events and Communications
- Independently manage the delivery of internal events and staff parties from initiation to on-site support, ensuring events are delivered within budget
- Support with the planning, organisation and communications for the company’s annual international leadership conference
- Prepare event communication materials including delegate lists, invitations, branded merchandise etc.
- Arrange off-site group events and meetings, including venue sourcing, planning, budgeting and on-site logistics
- Support group-wide communications activity on an ad hoc basis
- Act as the Community Manager for London, actively managing and updating pages on the company intranet and writing and publishing news and blogs
- Work with the team to ensure suppliers are paid on time and that invoices are raised and processed in a timely way
- Coordinate the annual budget review process and assist with headcount forecasting
- All other key tasks related to managing an efficient office environment, including managing distribution lists, overseeing the communications mailbox, office space management, org chart updates
- Manage central comms support team of two to ensure that the senior comms team is well supported to a highly professional standard
- Act as an ambassador for the comms function
Experience / skills required:
- Significant demonstrable experience supporting a senior leader within a fast paced office environment
- Good experience in organising large scale and international events in line with timescales and budgets
- Relevant comms experience (from any of the specialities e.g. brand, events etc)
- Experience dealing with multiple senior stakeholders and conflicting deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail, and the ability to efficiently execute events and administrative activities
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading ability
- Strong proficiency in all MS Office packages, including Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe and G-Suite
- Financially astute
- Confident self starter
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent experience
Atwood Tate acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent and contract vacancies and an Employment Business for interim and temporary recruitment.
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion but we will keep your CV on file for any future relevant opportunities.
- Budget Management
- Event Management
- International Travel
- Board Level
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'