£27,637 to £34,546 depending on experience + pension + quarterly performance related bonus + 25 days annual leave
This role is based in our Leeds city centre office but with regular weekly travel to Hull and other areas within the Yorkshire region.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of Yorkshire Water's flagship project 'Living with Water' for 2020-2025 and set the blueprint for the future of Partnership working globally.
You'll have the chance to work with some of the best specialists in the world, like the Rockefeller Foundation, when it comes to understanding what makes a resilient city for future generations.
Here is your chance to be part of a team that can really make a difference to people's lives now and in the future…..
The Living with Water Partnership is comprised of 4 Lead Partners; Hull City Council, East Riding of Yorkshire Council, the Environment Agency and Yorkshire Water.
… and whilst the partners have made significant progress in reducing the flood risk over the last decade, the time came to take a step back to move forward.
We have an aspiration to create a thriving community in Hull and Haltemprice through working together on flood risk management to become an international exemplar for living in harmony with water.
We will all play a part in achieving that vision through ensuring our contribution facilitates Hull becoming a sustainable city, protected from climate change with a thriving 21st century economy predicated on the relationship with water in the City and surrounding areas.
What will the role involve?
Day to day you will be responsible for acting as the Communications and Engagement Manager for the Living with Water partnership programme, you will also:
- Work closely with the General Manager and Partnership Teams to develop a communications and engagement strategy that will deliver the business and partnership objectives of Living with Water programme via multi-channel and multi-audience engagement
- Take the lead on the development of a detailed plan to deliver the strategy and work with the team to deliver these across multi-channels and multi-audiences to achieve the LWW strategy objectives
- Facilitate and support the delivery of the LWW stakeholder engagement and communications strategy across multi-channels and multi-audiences
- Take the lead on the implementation of the programme/strategy for the duration of the project
As Communication and Engagement Coordinator you will have the following key accountabilities:
Implementing a communication and engagement strategy
- Develop a communication and engagement plan for the Living with Water partnership
- Produce, monitor and provide response to a stakeholder reputational risk plan
- Produce regular communications to promote the work of the LWW partnership
- Lead the creation of a stakeholder influencing plan to secure regulatory and partnership bid funding base on support and evidence
- Act as the key link to ensure all groups in the LWW partnership are aligned
- Develop the plan across multi-channels and multi-audiences throughout the life of the LWW programme
- Deliver the plan across multi-channels and multi-audiences leading a communications team project team to achieve this
- Set up and lead the coordination of the LWW project team to deliver the plan ensuring that objectives are delivered and project goals are met
Governance, monitoring and evaluation
- Develop a quality assured process for signing off key messages and communication material to ensure they are brand compliant
- Develop a process to monitor and measure the effectiveness of the communication and engagement plan
- Work with the internal communications team to evaluate benefits of volunteering programme through pre and post benchmarking internally and improve general wellbeing through surveys such as post your views
- Ensures key external stakeholders are aware and supportive of communications strategy to enable alignment of sponsorship programme
- Ensures effective relationships with key external influencers to build trust and support the company strategic objectives
- Uses the communications strategy to build relationships across the LWW partnership
- Engages with the wider Communications team to gain its help and support in developing impactful communication and engagement activities targeting stakeholders, customers and colleagues across a range of channels
You will also have the following essential knowledge and skills:
- A passion to deliver a creative package in order to enhance our reputational score
- Strong numeracy and presentation skills to be able to derive meaningful actions out of a set budget across multiple channels
- Strong analytical background to evaluate the effectiveness of the programme and provide a clear and unambiguous feedback loop back to the business for reporting
- Key experience in developing a stakeholder focused programme that supports the goals and objectives of the business
- Ability to identify and develop a strong communications narrative that supports and enhances the reputational impact of the brand
- An internal communications environment having experience of managing and developing internal communications channels, processes and activities
- Experience in building strong relationships both internally and with external stakeholders and the media
- An ability to create content that users want to engage with and ability to utilise this content to build relationships and create advocacy
It would be desirable to have the following:
- Proven track record of delivering projects, initiatives and campaigns on time and to budgets
- Degree desirable and /or professional qualification equivalent (CIM or CIPR qualification)