We are part of the Pernod Ricard Group - co-leader of the global wines and spirits industry. We are proud to hold one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide!
Our key brands include Absolut, Havana Club, Malibu, Lamb’s, Kahlúa, Monkey 47, Plymouth Gin, Chivas, Jameson, The Glenlivet, Martell, Perrier-Jouët, G.H. Mumm, Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo, Graffigna and Jacob’s Creek. We are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of these premium spirits, wines and champagnes in the UK.
We’re looking to recruit a number of undergraduates with the flair and motivation to join our bright futures programme, offering you a huge amount of invaluable business experience in a highly exciting and fun industry. You will have the chance to work for a world-class organisation, with world-class, recognisable brands.
You’ll work collaboratively with your line manager to set objectives at the beginning of the placement, which will focus on business needs as well as your professional development. Your line manager will support you during your placement and will review your progress and development on a regular basis.
A successful placement may lead to a graduate offer - Time to impress!
Communications and Corporate Affairs placement
What’s your role?
Working in the Communications and Corporate Affairs function, you will support the team’s ultimate aim of protecting and enhancing the reputation of Pernod Ricard UK to our stakeholders: employees, customers, consumers, journalists, Government figures and other influencers. You will provide support for team members across the full Communications spectrum: corporate communications and CSR, public affairs, internal communications, B2B communication and brand PR.
What can you expect?
Here are just some of the things you can expect to get involved in:
• Manage internal communications channels including the intranet site.
• Support company events organisation and presentations.
• Manage the organisation of Pernod Ricard UK sponsorship activities.
• Manage and develop relationships with journalists.
• Attend media events, which may require some evening work.
• Lots of writing - developing draft media materials, including messaging.
• Help to manage PR agencies and @pernodricarduk.
• Be involved in our CSR campaigns.
• Support media training.
• Represent the business at Pernod Ricard UK industry events.
What’s in it for you?
The UK market is one of the most sophisticated in terms of Communications and Corporate Affairs. UK consumers are savvy and know what they want. The UK is home to highly influential financial media, the most contentious consumer affairs journalists, an anti-alcohol lobby and a Government with alcohol issues high on their agenda. Working in the Communications and Corporate Affairs department at the second biggest drinks business globally, in the UK, gives you an unrivalled opportunity to gain experience in corporate communications, CSR, B2B, internal communications, consumer PR and events.
What do we require?
• Be studying a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree.
• Be studying a Business Management or Linguistic undergraduate degree.
• Be on track to achieve 2:1 or above.
• Have a minimum of 300 UCAS points over three subjects at A Level (or equivalent).
• Have eligibility to unrestrictedly work and live in the UK for the duration of the placement.
• Be available to work for 12 months.
Placements will commence in June 2018 for successful candidates, and will be based in our West London offices in Chiswick. Current salary is £16,000 per annum, with 25 days holiday plus additional benefits.
The question is… Have you got the bottle?
If you think you have what it takes to kick start your bright future with Pernod Ricard UK, please visit our careers site and submit your CV and contact details.
For further details about Pernod Ricard, please visit our website.
- Business Development
- Corporate Communications