Do you have a flair for digital communications and an understanding of how to tailor messages to engage and motivate different audiences? Do you love current affairs and politics? And are you looking for an opportunity to apply your skills and gather experience at the heart of a busy lobbying, press and communications team that is working on some of the highest profile and most controversial political issues in current national debate?
Our client is looking to recruit a communications assistant to work in its London office. The organisation has significant ambition to improve its digital communications output and you will play a key role in making this happen. The role is due to start ASAP and will be based in a lovely and friendly office in London Victoria, paying an annual salary of £25,000.
The role will focus on delivering digital content across social media platforms, monitoring the news, writing regular bulletins for members and supporting the work of a busy national press office and External Affairs team.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent with at least 1 years' experience in journalism, PR or public affairs.
They must also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of writing for and presenting information on websites
- Experience of working with social media platforms to deliver communications objectives
- Excellent writing and proofing skills applied across print and digital mediums
- Experience in production of designed material using desktop publishing or website content management
- An understanding of setting and delivering communications objectives in a lobbying organisation, whether consultancy, membership body or non-government organisation
- An understanding of how effective communication can support the delivery of corporate objectives across all functions
Advertised by Office Angels, Victoria branch. Please note that due to a high volume of responses Office Angels receive; only successful candidates will be contacted. For the purposes of the Regulations, please note that Office Angels in the provision of these services will be operating as a recruitment agency. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer.
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- "COMMUNICATIONS" "MARKETING" "SOCIAL MEDIA" "DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job