An exciting opportunity has become available to join our client, a Prestigious School, as a Communications and Marketing Officer. The ideal Officer will promote the school to the local community and the wider public, this diverse role offers opportunities to deliver a range of marketing and communication events. The ideal candidate will possess a flexible, can-do attitude and a strong team work ethic, who has previously had experience within Marketing and Communications to handle the high profile nature of this Institute.
The post holder will play a key role in implementing the communications strategy of the institute including external engagement and preparing for our client’s launch and be able to develop a strong brand and represent the school in a professional manner. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high level of initiative and will be confident working under pressure. If you have are experienced in communications and marketing then this could be a good role for you!
Communications and Marketing Officer Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate events, including workshops and receptions to encourage public engagement events
- Implementing the communications strategy, which includes all external engagement - principally with policy makers and the media
- Prepare new and engaging content for communication purposes, including for social media channels, news items, blogs, press releases and other items
- Update and maintain the Institute’s website. This will include writing, editing and uploading content and selecting and sizing images and multimedia
- Liaise with students, parents and staff to develop strong working relationships
- Draft key marketing materials including newsletters, prospectuses, flyers, adverts and e-shots
- Setting up and managing the School’s marketing image library, including liaising with photographers and ensuring image use for marketing purposes follows the School policies.
Communications and Marketing Officer Skills and Experience:
- Strong IT skills and technical aptitude - including knowledge of Microsoft Package, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Google Analytics and Content Management Systems
- Experience of using social media for promotions
- Highly organised
- Able to manage multiple tasks and to prioritise workload effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to forge good relationships with external contacts
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and manage multiple deadlines
If you have the necessary skills, exhibit confidence and the ability to think on your feet, then we look forward to receiving your application!
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, occasionally due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application may not have been successful this time but we will keep your details on file and may contact you with future opportunities.
- Marketing Materials
- Press Releases
- Engaging Content
- Local Community
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job