COMMUNICATION SUPPORT WORKER - Education and Training - Surrey
Do you know your objectives for September 2019? Are you looking to specialize working with students who have Hearing Impairments or Speech, Language and Communication difficulties
Do you have your BSL Level 2, or above?
Are you humble and prepared to get after it?
Do you want a long term COMMUNICATION SUPPORT WORKER role, starting from September 2019 in Guildford ?
The schools values & ethos:
The primary school is based in Redbridge which is a 2 form school with a provision for deaf children. The school is proud of the achievements of their deaf pupils. Great importance is placed upon giving them life skills and confidence to succeed. They value their achievements, not only academically, but also in their social and emotional development.
The school wants to promote deaf culture consistently; this enables the school to provide access to a range of learning materials using appropriate communication methods to match the needs of the individual deaf learner. The school wants to enable the independence of each individual learner so want to encourage it wherever necessary.
The schools aim is to remove any barrier, in order that the children are Free to Achieve. They aspire for all of their children to be achievers and by adopting the following values, they feel that every child can be successful. Their values: Achievement, Confident, Honest, Independent, Enthusiastic, Value, Excitement, Responsibility, Successful.
To be successful for this Communication Support Worker position in Surrey:
- A graduate with 2:2 and above
- HI base within a mainstream Weybridge, Surrey, Primary School with HI base
- GCSE grades A-C in Maths/English/Science
- To have BLS Level 2 and above
- Weybridge, Surrey based role
- To have knowledge/experience working with BSL individuals
- Have a sincere and empathetic nature
The Communication Support worker position in Surrey:
- To provide support for the deaf children in your care
- To provide communication support such as note taking, interpreting or signing to the deaf students in a range of contexts across the school day.
- Some of the best Education and Training you will recieve in the industry
- To provide support during exams/tests
- To carry out BSL language assessments and devising interventions as appropriate
- To contribute to the review and target setting process
- To promote students deaf culture consistently
- To encourage pupil independence whenever possible
- To support deaf pupils to 'have a voice' during the ECHP process
- To respond flexibly and positively to requests from class teachers
- Weybridge - £75-£80 per day - 8:30 to 4pm
If you are interested in this communication support worker position in Surrey apply online or alternatively call Jonny or Sam on . I look forward to hearing from you soon. Education and Training
- teaching assistant
- learning support
- classroom support
- learning support assistant
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'