Commodity Merchandising Trainee
Job location: Witham St Hughs, Lincoln, UK
Currently we are looking for a Commodity Merchandising Trainee to join our team in Cargill’s Agricultural Supply Chain EMEA group in Witham St Hughs, Lincolnshire.
In the Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain (CASC) EMEA group we operate on an integrated global basis to source, process, transport and distribute grain and oilseeds around the world. The main bulk products we handle are wheat, corn, oilseeds, barley and sorghum, as well as vegetable oils and meals.
The position provides an extensive 24 months training mainly in Merchandising, but also Risk Management, Trading Operations and Market Analysis, to produce excellent commodity merchandising professionals in diverse agricultural commodities: grains, oilseeds, feed and processing by-products. You will begin with an initial, intensive 4-6 month orientation. A series of short-term placements in various parts of our UK operation will provide hands-on exposure to our shipping and logistics, customer services, administration, operations and finance areas. Once you understand the key elements of the business, you will join a small commercial team or "desk" responsible for the risk management, sales and marketing of a variety of grains, vegetable oils and other soft commodities worldwide.
On successful completion of training, you will embark on an exciting commercial career with one of the Cargill’s Agricultural Supply Chain businesses product lines.
- Learn the agricultural commodities trading industry: worldwide, historical evolution, mission, our role in it, figures, flows, inventories, transportation, commodities, quality specifics for each product.
- Understand markets for Commodity Merchandising; value, partners, flows, common behaviours, related legislation, fiscal policy around it
- Understand the local supply and demand factors that impact markets
- Understand drivers of Profit and Loss and take commercial decisions to generate revenue
- Develop knowledge on Cargill's trading and hedging strategies, tactics and practices, including the use of futures, risk management derivatives and structured products
- Initiate, negotiate and agree on terms of commodity purchase, sale contracts, such as price, quality, quantity, transportation, timing and payment
- Coordinate transportation and logistics to execute commodity contracts
- Ensure thorough and accurate follow-up, execution, and closure of all contracts
- Manage and develop relationships with external customers and suppliers in a customer facing role
- A recent graduate with a Bachelor’s degree 2:1 grade or equivalent
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to challenge, demonstrate intellectual curiosity and learn quickly
- Strong numerical and mental arithmetic skills
- Computer literate
- A commercial mindset and able to see the broader perspective
- We are looking for individuals who have the ability to take on responsibility from the start and want to gain experience by being proactive and demonstrate initiative
- Solutions orientated, able to work to deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- The ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural cross functional team
- Fluent spoken and written English with the ability to persuade and influence others
- A full UK driving licence
- A willingness to travel in the UK and Europe when required
Alongside this training you will also become a part of our European Graduate Programme where for the duration of your Commodity Merchandising Traineeship, you will complete various training modules at different Cargill locations across Europe.
What else do we offer as part of this role?
- Private medical insurance
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Extensive Learning and Development opportunities
- Mentoring Programme
The next stage of our process for shortlisted candidates is a video screening to assess and rate your responses to a series of online questions. If you are successful at the video screening stage then you will be invited to participate in an assessment centre at our offices in Lincolnshire. The assessment centre runs for a full day and consists of a range of activities where you get to show us more about yourself and how you work both individually and in a small group.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://company/cargill
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'